Part II - Chapter 5: Against My Will

Sierra and I walk into the building, which is called Mission Creek High School. It is the week back from Winter Break and I am excited to return to school. Chase isn't coming to school because he somehow was able to graduated early. Goodie for him and bless his intelligence. What makes things different about this school is that people keep staring at me and whispering about me. What's the deal?

" Sierra, why are people staring at me like I am convicted of murder? " I ask, both of us arm in arm and walking down the long hallway. Students are up against their lockers with their eyes trained on us, walking past us with staring with shock and whispering in each other's ears while their gazes are focused on me. It's really intimidating.

" You and Chase almost committed suicide during the Games. Everyone around here think it was really... shocking. " She answers, approaching her locker and opening the lock. The Games were last year and gone. They need to get over it. " Now, I got to get to first period early. You got this! " She leaves me and I clutch on my brown backpack, getting nervous. Will I get beat up?

Going through the first 3 periods, it's time for lunch. Many of my classmates who I went through freshman, sophomore, junior and now senior year with are ignoring me completely.

" Hi Bree! " Leo sneaks up when I find an empty table in the cafeteria. I jump a little and put my hand on my heart, which is beating at a rapid speed. " My bad, did I scare you? "

" More like startled me! "

" Same thang! " He sits next to me and coming to the table is Janelle. I greet her and she joins us. " In case you been slow on news, me and Janelle are the new ' it ' couple of the entire sophomore class. " Janelle shakes her head ' no ' and I grin, trying to not laugh. They're so cute, even if they are not dating.!

Before I know it, Sierra and Kyle come sit with us and begin kissing each other. Leo looks like he's about to throw up and then throws a milk carton at the couple. Kyle catches it, without it making contact with them and smirks. Kyle - One, Leo - Zero.

" Aren't I clever? Say it, Dooley! " James teases. Sierra, Janelle and I giggle. Leo points the middle finger at Kyle. " Sorry man, I'm not available. "

" Sometimes, I wish I could just punch you in the face. But you and me are cool. " Leo says. Kyle chuckles and they both fist bump.

Sierra's eyes widen and she grabs Kyle's arm, shutting her eyes shut as she is in pain. Another vision. Kyle winces and tries to calm down Sierra. Sierra snaps out of it and turns to Bree, shocked.

" Bree, you need to get out of here. It's not safe for you here! " she stands up and she tries to pull me up but I budge.

" What is it? What did you see?! " I screech, in confusion. I stand up and hold onto her arms to try to make her talk.

Suddenly, the cafeteria doors burst open and Peacekeepers storm in. Students scream and the Peacekeepers start running towards our table. Sierra goes in front of them.

" Stay away from Bree! The Victory tour isn't until Spring Break! " She yells and picks a fight with one of them. That peacekeeper punches her across the face and she falls on the ground. Kyle yells her name but they slide her all the way across the cafeteria before he could get to her. They begin throw Kyle around and then all the way next to Sierra. Leo and Janelle rush away before they can get attacked. Two peacekeepers go towards Kyle and Sierra and start kicking them brutally.

" Leave them alone!! " I cry, superspeeding to them but the peacekeepers use some device to slow me down. I trip and fall to the ground. One peacekeeper place a towel to my mouth and holds it there while I scream. I slowly drift off and I black out.