Prologue: Welcome Home

Dear Journal,
Since the Games ended, I decided to begin writing in journals to jot down my feelings. So let me tell you about my life. For me, life is a circuit. The pain I feel, the danger I'm in, the hardships I face, just keeps on going. And going. And going. All I know is that this circuit is dark. And I don't know if I can ever escape this dark circuit to see the light in the world.

****

We won? I survived? Chase survived? All these questions are rolling through my head as I look out the window in my train chamber. I hear a knock and allow the person enter. It's Adelaide.

" The doctors really helped you good. Not a scar or wound to overthrow that gracious face. " She says, sitting next to me on my bed and it caused me to smile. She starts moving her fingers through my curly locks. " So, I bet my heels that you're excited to go home "

" Yeah. But I am also really afraid. " I take off my necklace and hold it in my hands, examining it. " I'm afraid of change. People will see me differently and not the same Bree as before. They won't accept that scheme with the berries. "

" Bree, that is so not true. The Games give you a mix of thoughts but hey, you won. And Chase won with you. " She makes eye contact with me and it shows that she is relieved that I made it out. " If they don't accept that, their loss because you made history, Bree Davenport. "

Adelaide is great at giving advice. No doubt, she just is great at doing it. I know Elliot is in the bar car drinking liquor as we speak. Adelaide gives me one last smile before exiting out my chamber.

It has been a few hours since we left the Capitol. Capitol people were cheering us on and throwing flowers. Chase was all stitched up and feeling so much better. Miracle isn't it?

*******

As we made it to District 6, there were reporters waiting for us. Chase, Adelaide, Elliot, and I all exit with Peacekeepers surrounding us. Lots of cameras flash and I hold onto Chase's hand because many flashes equals crazy glitches. Have you seen my yearbook picture? We are quickly escorted to the car that'll take us the District 6 Auditorium.

All these people are making me anxious.

The car ride only took 20 minutes and Chase's grasp from my hand hasn't let go. Our fingers continue to intertwine. I can tell Chase is nervous to see our family. It'll feel so different. Adelaide has been yammering about the Victory Tour arriving in the winter time and the latest Capitol couture. Peacekeepers open the doors for us and we enter the entrance doors of the Auditorim. There is an aisle to walk, which will lead to the big stage.

" You ready for this? " Chase asks, whispering into my ear. I nod slowly and we both slowly walk into the auditorium, being greeted by the eyes and cheers by our fellow District 6 residents. Music booms from the speakers and flower petals are being thrown gracefully. We make it to the stage and we stand in the center, giving a bow. Everyone claps and hollers.

My eyes scatter around and I finally spot Mr. Davenport, Adam, Tasha, Leo, and Sierra all together. I smile at them and they give me a thumbs up. Adelaide interrupts by tapping the microphone and starts to talk.

" Hello, District 6. It's been a very long time since we had a victor here. But this year's Games gave us two more victors. Such an honor to be an escort for Bree and Chase Davenport! " She winked at us and people started clapping once again.

Outside, Chase and I are greeted by our family and Sierra. We all exchange tight hugs that it felt like a eternity. There was lots of ' I miss you ' and ' Welcome back ' that was being said. From all that, Sierra takes my arm and we start walking one direction. She turns to me and I grab her arm, superspeeding us both to a small abandoned Meadow in the woods. This was our usual talking spot, also our safe place.

" Now, tell me how you been. You heard enough about me and Chase. " I say, sitting down by many lilies. She blushes and puts her long blonde strand of hair behind her ear. This meant something so huge. I known the girl like forever so I am able to tell apart her facial expressions. Sierra has a crush.

" There's this boy named Kyle. He is in our year, tall, brunette, and has bionic teleportation, " She explains, as she continues to smile like crazy. I think I've seen Kyle in the halls in school. " Plus, I talked to him two days after you left for The Games cause I was sad. He comforted me. Real good.. "

" Curse my inappropriate juvenile mind! I had a thought you two did it. " I blurt out, putting my hand on my forehead. She begins to laugh hysterically and looks at me with wide eyes.

" You and Chase done it, did you not? " She says, wiggling her eyebrows and I push her playfully. Yup, with Sierra's visions, she already knew that.

The Supernatural Games: Dark Circuit has begun. More characters, even new ones, will be introduced. I hope you all enjoyed this introduction to this story. Please vote and comment cause that makes me really happy. Part I begins next chapter so stay tuned. Peace ;););)6