22

"Nik, I'm going to kill you."

Charlotte was standing in front of the mirror with her hair pulled to the side, examining the hickey on her neck Klaus had given her not an hour ago. She turned to face him, still laying in bed watching her with a grin and zero remorse. Klaus' phone was beeping in the corner but he was ignoring it, all eyes on Charlotte, both of them were naked and he couldn't stop his eyes trailing up and down her body.

Klaus sped towards Charlotte and grabbed her hand, "Perhaps I can make it up to you," he teased, pulling her back towards the bed where he'd just been laying.

His phone beeped again and Charlotte looked to it before back to him. "Nik," Charlotte whined out with a laugh, "Stefan's going to see this."

"Come now darling, I think Stefan's a little more perceptive than you think. It won't be a total shock."

Charlotte screwed up her face in mock annoyance, gripping her lower lip between her teeth before letting a grin out as Klaus leant forwards to pull her into a kiss again. His lips pulled away from hers and he began kissing her neck again, trailing kisses down her chest. Charlotte laughed and he felt the rumble of her chest against his lips as she did, both grinning until Klaus' phone beeped for a third time.

"Should you get that?" Charlotte asked, secretly hoping he'd say no. Klaus sighed and sped to it, pulling it to his ear just in time to hear the dial tone of a missed call. "Is it Stef?"

Klaus shook his head, it was an unknown caller and they were gone the minute he picked the phone up. He wasn't sure what it was but looking down at the phone in his hands he realised the time.

"I think we should go and check on the witch darling," Klaus said, looking to Charlotte who flopped backwards on the bed, laughing as he threw her clothes at her.

"Convince me," Charlotte said with a grin.

In a flash he was leaning over her on the bed again and he was kissing her, his lips were moving down her neck towards her chest before he began to rise again, landing a little below her ears. 

He stopped his kissing and whispered softly, "Tonight," he promised before pulling away.

Charlotte groaned in playful annoyance as she pulled her clothes on. They both dressed quickly, Charlotte was halfway torn between being annoyed at him still for the hickey on her neck and liking it although she wouldn't let Klaus in on either.

They walked towards Gloria's hand in hand, neither of them really wanting to return to their quest for the day. Charlotte felt close to him, she trusted him and she wanted him to know it. Although they talked a lot and they both knew each other well, both of them still had secrets they kept guarded despite this.

"Hey Nik," Charlotte broke their silence.

"Yes darling?"

"Do you remember when you asked me why I didn't want to be a vampire."