19

It wasn't long before the Salvatores and Klaus had returned to the warehouse

It wasn't long before the Salvatores and Klaus had returned to the warehouse. None of them speaking more than a few words along the way, they were all wrapped up in their heads, thoughts overflowing.

While Klaus pulled Charlotte inside the warehouse along with him, he'd told Stefan to stay outside, waiting for his call. Rebekah had never arrived at Gloria's bar, as Klaus had instructed the security guard to tell her to, but the security guard was also absent, the warehouse empty.

They walked forwards, approaching the coffin where Rebekah first lay, Charlotte gripped Klaus' hand tighter when they saw it was empty, looking beyond it to see the guard, bloody and dead on the floor.

She felt nervous to meet Rebekah, she figured she likely wouldn't be in the best mood after laying dead for nearly a century by her brothers own hand, not to mention that she was the only human in attendance, and she happened to be covered in blood. Dried blood, but she wasn't sure the distinction would be enough really.

"Rebekah," Klaus called, "it's your big brother. Come out, come out, wherever you are."

They turned around slowly looking for Rebekah when suddenly she was barreling towards them, plunging the dagger into Klaus' heart.

"Go to hell, Nik," Rebekah spat, ignoring the girl beside him who's heart was pounding with terror.

"Don't pout," Klaus replied cooly as he pulled it from his chest with ease, "you knew it wouldn't kill me."

"No, but I was hoping it would hurt more."

 It was clear Rebekah was as furious about being kept with a dagger in her chest. 

Fair enough Charlotte figured. She had been kept half dead for centuries like Rebekah and she felt sore about it sometimes but at least with her there wasn't really anyone to blame. It must hurt knowing your own family willingly chose to hide you away.

"I understand that you're upset with me, Rebekah, so I'm gonna let that go, just this once. I brought you a little peace offering."

"Is this it Nik?" Rebekah said, turning to Charlotte and looking her up and down with a disdainful expression, "You dagger me for God knows how long and this is all you bring me to apologise. Goodness you didn't even clean her up properly after you had a bite." 

Despite her obviously disapproval, Rebekah shrugged, allowing her fangs to appear as she leaned in to bite Charlotte.

"No," Klaus' voice was hard and strong, he'd dropped Charlotte's hand and sped between her and Rebekah, pushing her back so he could be between them, "Little sister, you will not touch her. Charlie is off limits." 

Klaus could feel Charlotte's hand against his back, balled into a tight grip on his shirt, steadying herself from the speed at which she was pushed back. Rebekah pouted, disappointed first that Charlotte was the gift she thought she'd been given and now more disappointed that she wasn't. Klaus turned around slowly towards the door he lead them all over and called out towards Stefan who Charlotte had forgotten was waiting outside.

darling - n.mikaelsonOn viuen les histories. Descobreix ara