Tre

I winced as I dabbed at the cut on my forearm. I didn't realize how brutal training with mother would have been today until the other end of her blade was at my throat.

     I sighed, looking out the window of my room as the other girls skipped about and played. But I had to learn how to be a queen.

     Not to mention marry Thor, one of my only friends.

     I glanced down at my injury, and carefully laid my other hand on top of it. I listened for any footsteps before I felt a chill rush to my fingertips as snow fell from my hand, cooling down my cut.

     There was a knock at the door and I clumsily dropped the cloth I was using. I barely had time to hide my iced forearm under my sleeve as a boy I knew very well rushed through into my room.

     Beautiful blond locks, perfect sculpted face and ocean blue eyes— Thor. Still too young to grow a beard, though.

      It did confuse me for a moment how I hadn't heard him. He was usually always loud.

      "(Y/N)" He greeted. "I heard your training went badly today and wanted to see if you were doing alright."

       I felt a smile spread over my features. "Thank you, Thor. That is very kind." I said, the practiced, perfectly proper words slipping easily off my tongue.

       He glanced around my room anxiously, tugging at his shirt.

       "Did you need something, Thor?" I asked.

        He chuckled. "Well, yes, actually. I was hoping we could spend some more time together? Alone?"

        An unfamiliar heat rose to my face. "Urm, sure- y-yeah! Sounds great!"

        He smiled in a way that seemed quite odd on his lips, but I couldn't figure out why, before he nodded, and left.

        That was the first time I started to fall for him. It only made me upset and sick to my stomach when I compared it to what he was acting like in the present moment.

       Thor roared in fury and toppled the entire dining table over in a fit of rage. I followed him as he sat down on a set of steps.

      It was only a matter of time before Loki joined us.

      "It's unwise to be in my company now, brother." Thor warned.

        "Yet you let (Y/N) sit by you." Loki clever as ever pointed out.

        Thor glanced at me and wrapped his arm around my shoulders. "I could never hurt (Y/N)-"

        My heart swelled with hope.

       "She's my friend." Thor finished, completely knocking me out emotionally with one single word.

           Friend? But I thought....

            "This was meant to be my day of triumph." Thor continued, not noticing my grim expression.

            "It'll come." Loki assured softly. He always knew what to say, the right words, the right tone. "In time."

            "What's this?" Volstagg gasped, his gaze landing on the ruined food, as he and the others entered the room.

           "If it's any consolation," Loki whispered into Thor's ear. "I think you're right. About the Frost Giants, about Laufey, about everything."