Chapter 26;

Holly's POV

Arriving in New York was strange, nothing was familiar. Walking into my apartment, I felt at home right away - it was very.. me.

The photos on the shelves were of me and a man who I now know is James. We're smiling, laughing and kissing in every photo, we look genuinely happy together.

I just wished I remembered him.

I admit, what I did to Harry was possibly the most cruel thing you can do to someone, leaving without a real reason.

But I had to, I couldn't stay and live a life that wasn't mine anymore, I couldn't live with a liar - that wasn't me. He already has a girlfriend and as far as I'm aware, I have a boyfriend.

I unpack before going through my cupboards and finding something to cook, I was pretty hungry and tired after that flight.

After eating I get in bed and turn on my laptop, my wallpaper yet again another photo of James and i, I smile at it before logging into my emails.

8,173 unread emails.

Fuck.

Instead I log back out not prepared to even read one email today and click onto Netflix, I needed to watch something lighthearted and funny before I fall to sleep.

Clicking on Just Go With It I settle down in bed.

I take out my phone half way through the film and pull up a new text feed.

Me: Back in NY..fancy coming over tomorrow?

James: I can be there for 3pm? X

Me: Great, see you then..x

I felt nervous and I didn't know why, would it be weird to be around him again? Would I feel the same way or not feel a connection? Would he feel the same?

- - - -

Waking up the following day I felt a little weird at first, to wake up in unfamiliar surroundings. It was raining and by the sound of the trees knocking against my windows it was pretty windy too.

I made myself a tea before showering and putting something on, i looked at the clock and saw it was 2:30pm, damn you jetlag.

I put on a little makeup and tidy my hair up - I didn't want James to think I looked homeless.

At exactly 3 my doorbell rang. I smiled opening it to James himself. He walked in kissing my cheek before walking through to my livingroom.

"How are you?" He asks looking at my ankle that was still in a cast.

"I've been better." I admit.

He smiles."You're still beautiful,"

I blush. "Thanks.."

"So I spoke to Eleanor and she explained.." He starts. "She told me you don't.. you don't remember me." I couldn't detect any anger in his voice, mainly sadness.

"I'm really sorry.."

"It's not your fault," He smiles a little taking my hand in his. His hands were big and warm. "Don't blame yourself."

"I wish I could, from all of our photos we seemed to be really happy."

He nods. "We were, we still can be."

I look up at him. "You think?"

"We can make it like we're just meeting each other again for the first time, learn everything about each other all over again."

I smile, "You still want to be with me?"

"Of course,"

My heart flutters, even though he knows everything about me, he was willing to pretend he doesn't for me.

"How about a date? Tomorrow night, I'll pick you up at 8."

"You have yourself a date there James..."

"May, James May." He answers for me.

I smile, the name suited him. "Fancy going for a walk? I really want to see New York."

He shrugs, "Sure."

"Great," I grin. "I'll grab my jacket."