Bedwetting

Louis 24
Liam 23
Niall 23
Harry 22

- - - -

Harry's confused once he glances at his phone, noticing that it's only about five in the morning. It takes him a moment to register why he would be up at this hour and when he does, he shoots out of bed, probably never been faster in his entire life. "Wha?" He mumbles, pulling his sheets back, noticing a large wet spot in the middle of the bed.

Harry's never been more grateful for having his own room, though he had whined last night when Louis didn't let him room with him, but Harry understands that sometimes you just need some time for yourself. "Shit." He mumbles, debating what he should do now, deciding it would be a good idea to get cleaned up first. It was the phone call to the lobby that finally broke him, and he cried in the bathroom whilst a very nice lady changed the sheets for him. Perhaps it was admitting it that made him so upset, though he made sure to say that he had spilt something, the oldest lie in the book.

He didn't manage to get back to sleep, his mind was racing trying to figure out why it had happened. Probably just a one off but then again, he did wet the bed until he was fourteen. His mind didn't shut off until his alarm started blaring besides him, sighing, he took yet another shower hoping it was just a one off.

- - -

It wasn't. Much to his horror it happened again. And again. Then yet again and he had no idea what he was supposed to do. He was barely getting any sleep, leaving him either very cranky and snappy, or feeling very fragile. He had just phoned his mum, sobbing away as he asked her what he was supposed to do, and the woman offered to call someone for him, someone who could help him, but the boy didn't want to risk that. He'd rather die than any of the crew finding out what was going on.

In the end he decided to talk to the one person he trusted the most, after a lot of encouragement from his mother of course.

"L-Lou?" The boy stuttered, feeling his cheeks already heating up. "What is it dear?" The woman looked up, sending him a smile as she finished fixing up Louis' hair. "Could I talk to you?"

"Of course, baby! What you want to talk about?"

"M-maybe in private?" Harry bit his lip to try and stop the tears from flowing. Louis sent him an odd look. They were best mates, why wouldn't the boy want to talk to him? "Right, okay." Lou nodded. "You feeling okay hun?"

"M'huh." Harry just nodded, waiting patiently for the woman to finish. "Right, let's go babes." She smiled, Harry following her out of the room and to a place where they wouldn't be interrupted. "What's going on?" She eyed the boy who looked like he was just about ready to burst into tears and placed a comforting hand on his back.

"Uhm, my mum..."

"She alright baby?" Lou's face dropped, thinking something had happened. "Yeah! She's fine!" Harry quickly assured. "Uhm, she told me to talk to you and um... um I..."

"It's fine babes. I'm listening."

"Uhm... Ivebeenwettingthebed." He mumbled, but Lou could luckily make out what he was saying so he was relieved that he didn't have to repeat himself. "Oh darling. For a long time?" Harry shook his head. "Just over a week. B-but it happens every night!" He finally burst into tears. "Haven't been sleeping and-and s'just embarrassing." The boy sobbed, allowing Lou to pull him into a hug, letting him cry on her shoulder.

Once the boy was finally beginning to calm down, Lou helped him wipe his face clean before trying to get to the bottom of this. "Why do you think it's happening darling?" Harry just shrugs, fiddling with his fingers. "Dunno."

"Do you think it's the added stress nowadays?" She begins. "You know, with Zayn leaving and all that?" She asked gently, knowing it was a fragile topic amongst the boys.

Harry's lip quivers as he shrugs again but he knows that the woman is most probably right. Lou just rubs circles on Harry's back, trying to comfort him as it looks like his mind is going a million miles an hour. "So, what do you think it would be best to do?"

"Dunno." Harry mumbles again. "Maybe protection?" Lou suggest and Harry's head whips up.

"But m'twenty-two!"

"I know, but you can't keep waking up to a wet bed." Lou reasoned, "Your mood has not been the best this week." She smiled sympathetically and Harry hung his head in defeat. "I'll get 'em for you and make sure they're in your room, okay?" Harry just sniffled giving the woman a slight nod to tell her that would be okay. With one last hug and the pair made their way back so Lou could finish getting the boys ready.

"You feeling okay?" Louis asked as soon as Harry plopped down on the sofa next to him.

"M'fine." Harry mumbled, not able to look at Louis since he knew he was sporting a hurtful look. They tell each other everything, so Harry not talking to him was like a kick in the gut.

"Have you been crying?" He asked worriedly. "Allergies." Harry defended, though he knew Louis could see right through him. "Right." Louis mumbled, turning back to his phone, deciding to leave the boy alone.

Harry had barely just closed his door when there was a knock and Lou stood in the hallway asking for permission to enter. "So, I bought two packs." She pointed towards the bed where a pack of pull-ups and a back of nappies stood. "Didn't exactly know which to get since you know, I don't know how much it needs to hold." Harry was blushing abundantly as he listened to Lou explain. "So, which do you think you'll need."

"No idea." Harry blushed, eyeing between the two packets. "Well, how much do you pee?" Lou asked like there was nothing more normal. "Uhm, dunno?" Harry shrugged.

"Like a full bladder?" She held up the nappies. "Or... not so much?" She chuckled, looking at the pull-ups. "Maybe a fair bit." Harry felt like his face was on fire. "We could try pull-ups first?" Lou reasoned. "They're easier to put on so you could do it yourself?"

"Sounds fair." Harry nodded, nearly crying at the thought of Lou helping him into a nappy. "Just shout if you need help." Lou handed him the packet of pull-ups which the boy reluctantly took before heading to the bathroom.

"Doesn't feel nice." The boy whined as he emerged from the bathroom. "What doesn't feel nice?" Lou asked, checking the garment to see if it was too big or too small. "Just... feels weird." Harry huffed, eyeing himself in the mirror. If the boys would see him now, that would surely be the end of him.

"Just takes time getting used to, I guess." Lou smiled. "Good night bubs." She hugged the boy. "Just phone me if there's anything, alright darling?" Harry just nods, locking the door behind the woman and getting himself to bed.