•Lars x Reader

A request! Also, I don't know about you guys, but I am IN LOVE with the new dark mode :D Anyways, they left the plot up to me so.. here we go! This also takes place AFTER the space arc, as per the request. Enjoy!

No warnings except mild language and possibly a bit steamy. I'm not sure yet though so don't get excited :p

POV- First person (reader)

I walked down along the beach city shore, letting the nostalgia wash over me. I glanced over and saw a pastry shop. Although I couldn't read the sign, the smells coming from it were intoxicating. I laid a hand upon my stomach, realizing I was pretty hungry. Without hesitation I checked my wallet and felt a ten dollar bill and decided I'd go get something to try. When I finally got close enough, I read the green lettering on the coral pink window awning.
"Spacetries..." I read. "Adorable.."
I opened the door, looking up as a tiny bell signaled my presence to the boy at the counter. Of course I recognized him, although it was a contrast from what he'd looked like when I'd known him. His pink skin and lighter hair were something I wasn't used to. He had a scar over his right eye, and a cute purple apron. He looked adorable.
"Hey.." I said walking up to the counter.
"Hi! What can I get you?" He asked. The tone was friendly, but.. he greeted me as if he'd never met me. We were so close.. how could he forget? I decided to try and remind him that we knew each other already.
"I didn't know you opened a shop Lars.." I smiled at him, and glanced slightly behind him at a chalkboard scribbled all over with moderately priced space-themed desserts.
"Hmm... what sounds good?" I pondered silently. I looked at his face to see it scrunched as if he was weirded out that I knew his name.
"Uh.. heh.. you know me?" He asked, beads of sweat lightly dabbing his forehead.
"Lars... you're joking right?" I made sure the hurt I felt was evident in both my expression and tone of voice.
"Uh... I've never seen you..." he chuckled nervously. My eyes threatened to water, but I rubbed them gently and decided to approach this with sense.
"It's me, (y/n)... we were friends.." I let my smile falter as he looked up as if trying to remember me.
"(y/n)....(y/n)... I might remember... yeah... the time you accidentally crashed Kiki's car.." he smiled and started to laugh. My smile returned for a second but then turned to a pout.
"Oh for god's sake... that's what you choose to remember?" I facepalmed and laughed, blushing as I recalled the memory. The way he checked on me to make sure I was alright... he touched my head and hands... carried me as if I'd break in two... my face burned remembering the event. As I looked at him, he ran a hand through his hair.
"Gosh (y/n) it's been forever... I'm so sorry I didn't recognize you... it's just... you've changed a lot..." he said as he looked me up and down quickly before blushing a gentle pink. Suddenly I felt insecure. I crossed my arms over my body that was currently covered in an oversized hoodie and very short shorts, along with tall black socks and converse. I adjusted the black choker that lay around my neck as he eyed me for a moment.
"Y-yeah... duh... I grew up idiot.." I chuckled a bit as he shook his head, recomposing himself.
"Yeah..." he said. "Hey, since you're here.. what do you say we go for a walk down the beach... we could catch up..." he scratched his neck. I took a moment to check my schedule and realized I was a lazy hoe with nothing better to do so I agreed.
"Yeah.. definitely." I smiled.
"Okay.. let me get changed though.. wanna stop by my house so I can get actual clothes on?" He laughed a bit and I nodded as he removed his apron and laid it over the counter. As we exited the shop he flipped the open sign to closed and locked up the doors to the building. I silently whimpered a bit. I never got any snacks
:( but at least I was gonna hang out with Lars again. A short walk lead us to his house.
"I can just wait out here.." I said shyly.
"Nonsense, c'mon in I don't mind. We've known each other for a while." He smiled and opened the door as I walked in.
"My parents actually moved and let me live here myself. Profits from the shop pay rent pretty easily."
"Cool."
We walked upstairs, arriving at his bedroom, as he walked in to change. I expected him to close the door but he didn't. I instinctively turned around as he started taking his shirt off.
"(y/n) you don't have to act like I'm getting butt naked." He laughed.
"I-I don't wanna mess with your privacy dumbass!" I said loudly as he laughed more. Against my better judgment I turned for a second and saw him pulling on a red T-shirt. It was over his face but I could see the boy's toned chest and abdomen. I blushed hard and slapped a hand over my eyes as he pulled the shirt all the way down.
"Pfft.. you're so cute.." he said. I lowered my hand as the blush increased and saw him pull a black leather jacket over his shoulders as he walked over to me. Damnit damnit damnit STOP BLUSHING (Y/N)!
I mentally punched myself as I stared at his face.
"W-W-What?! No I'm not..." I turned around and crossed my arms.
"Haha, okay." He said simply as he walked past me and started walking down the stairs. I realized and quickly followed, catching up as we walked outside.

Our walk was pretty chill, we mostly just laughed about the past and he occasionally flirted. At this point we were sitting on the boardwalk edge looking out over the ocean. The light breeze pushed strands of my hair back over my shoulders while his fluffy hair bobbed a bit.
"So... hows Sadie?" I asked, almost kind of sad. I knew he'd liked her for a while.
"Oh, she's great!" I looked down. "She's got this new partner, Shep, they're really cool." He looked content as I glanced back up at the mention that she was in a relationship.
"Oh... that's cool.." I sighed, not sadly, just calm. He looked over at me.
"You know.. I used to think you were super lame.." he laughed as I slapped his shoulder.
"Asshole! Take it back!" I crossed my arms and pouted.
"No seriously! I only thought you'd be able to stick around because Kiki liked you." He snickered and this time I looked at him with alligator tears, pretending to be much more offended than I was. He saw this and immediately shook his hands.
"N-No wait I was getting to something! I used to think that... but right now... I see a completely different girl... she's calm... and beautiful... and... I kinda wanna kiss her..." he blushed and looked at me with a crooked smile. My eyes widened and my face burned with a gentle red glow. I didn't know what to say.
"L-Lars.." was all I could manage.
"Is.. it okay if I..." he cut himself off as he leaned in a bit, laying his palm on my cheek as I looked down at his mouth. Slowly he pulled me in until our lips touched and molded together. The kiss escalated quickly as we sat on the dock making out. He pulled me close to him until I was on his lap. My fingers found his hair and stayed there as his hands laid upon my hip and cheek, holding me close to him. Finally we departed for air.
"(y/n)... I really like you... will you be my girlfriend?" He asked me as I sat there red as a rose.
"Lars... I.. like you too.. yes... I would love to be your girlfriend." I smiled as he hugged me close and kissed me again as the sun finally set.

BONUS:

We pulled apart and I slid off his lap only to hear a loud growl.
"W-What was that? A bear? An evil gem?" Lars looked at me fearfully.
"No... that was my stomach.." I rubbed it gently.
"Oh... then I suppose we could go to dinner for our first date?" I nearly drooled at the thought of food as I nodded violently. He laughed and took my hand as we headed off to Fish Stew for pizza.

Sorry it took a while. Hope you liked it nonetheless! It was fun to write! I hope to get more requests soon 💞💞