•Steven x Depressed!HalfGem!Reader

This was a request-notice the dot :) and you'll understand the concept once we get into it. The reader was requested to be half Lapis Lazuli, which is awesome because I love lapis' powers and whatnot in the show. And of course, with a depressed chapter comes a trigger warning.

WARNING: THIS CHAPTER WILL CONTAIN STRONG THEMES OF DEPRESSION, SELF HATRED, AND SELF HARM. IF THESE SUBJECTS TRIGGER YOU, SKIP THIS CHAPTER. THANK YOU.

Anyways here it goes! Hope you like it!

POV: First person-Reader

"Here! I made it for you!"
I watched as Pearl took the sparkling blue bracelet from my hands and smiled. Her smile. It's the one reason I keep doing this. When I do they just look so happy. How can I stop now? I don't care how exhausted I am, it doesn't matter. I don't matter. But they do. I can do this for them. I can make them happy! I suddenly felt a surge of pain coarse from my lower stomach throughout my body as I winced, excusing myself for the bathroom. Once I was inside with the door locked I looked down. I gently touched the broken, jagged gemstone that lay upon my body.
"Augh!" I whisper yelled lowly as not to alarm the others. Suddenly the faucets of the sink and shower exploded with water, spewing it everywhere. It formed a bubble around me as my gem sparked and eventually stopped as the pain subsided. The water retreated, leaving the tile damp only by a few droplets.
As hard as I'd tried to muffle my cry, someone heard. You know who.
"H-hey (y/n), is everything okay in there?" He asked, audibly leaning against the large wooden door.
"Hm? Oh yeah I just uh... burned my hand with the hot sink water! No big deal!" I lied. My gem hurt as I tried to keep my tone normal.
"Hm... okay then... be careful next time okay?" He asked.
"Y-yeah of course Steven!" Perfect. I pulled open a drawer and took out a little jewelry box. Inside was a silver chain locket with an empty gap suited for a small diamond or stone. My stone. I then grabbed a small metal chisel, and pressed it against my gem three times until a small gem shard fell off. The pain was worth it. Like cutting it was addictive, like a high I get when I feel like I deserve pain. I knew I had to leave this town soon anyways to start school again. It's only a summer home after all. This way, I could make my friends happy in the process. I took the shard from the floor and laid it into the gap with a bit of clay to hold it in. I set it in my pocket to harden for a while and decided to go take a nap. I was drained. Doing this every day really puts limits on your energy and strength. Oh well. After my nap I decided to make my way up to little homeschool for a walk, and to give away my newest piece of beautiful jewelry. Of course on the way I ran into him.
"Oh, hey (y/n)! Off to LH?" He asked.
"Uh yeah. Hey, I wanted to give you something." I decided my newest piece would be his, since he didn't have anything yet, and since this one had a particularly large shard embedded in it. It almost lit up a bit.
"Aw, that's so sweet of you! What is it?" He asked smiling.
"This! I made it myself..." I smiled and blushed, handing the locket to my crush.
"Wow (y/n) thank you! It's beautiful. Is it Lapis?" He asked, seeming innocent enough. But underneath I saw a tinge of concern.
"Y-yes... I thought it would compliment your jacket!" I smiled, a fake smile. After all it's hard to be happy when there's voices and pain constantly tugging at your weakened soul. My gem pulsed and I did everything in my power not to collapse.
"Oh! Well it does! You've been giving away a lot of Lapis jewelry lately though..." he sighed and looked me in my eyes, almost as if he was asking why.
"Y-yes, that way you all can remember me when I go back to school! Since I'm half lapis too!" I laid a hand over the spot where my gem was and realized the fatal mistake when my body pulsed and ached. My breath hitched and my vision spotted, I slowly blacked out, falling to the ground. I could hear Steven faintly calling my name as I let go.

~we, are skipping time, cuz author-chan is lazy~

I woke up in a hospital, Steven at my side.
"Hey, how you feeling?" He asked.
"Nnnn... what happened?" I asked, feeling my gem ache slightly.
"You blacked out." He said simply.
"O-oh..." you replied. A silence fell, but we let it linger for a bit. He broke it.
"(y/n)... why were you doing it?" He asked you. You knew what he meant but you played dumb.
"Doing what? I know I don't drink enough water but-," he cut you off.
"You know what I'm talking about. Please don't play dumb." He pleaded, gently taking your hand putting the back of it to his lips. He didn't exactly kiss it, just held it there. You blushed as you still had strong feelings for the curly headed boy.
"I... wanted you all to have a piece of me... to remember me by..." I looked away from him, pulling my hand towards my body and feeling small tears sting the corners of both eyes.
"But... we wouldn't forget you... you're so important to us! To me..." He looked at me, eyes glassily pleading for a gaze in return. I reluctantly gave it to him, letting a tear fall.
"Well... I... also have depression... I just felt like I deserved pain and that I could help you all in the process..." I then realized how stupid that really sounded. What was I thinking?

Second person POV-Reader

"I want to heal you."
"What?"
"You heard me."
"B-but... we don't have all the pieces..." you looked at him confused. He then shocked you, leaning over your hospital bed to grab the hem of your gown. He yanked it upwards until your gem was visible. Seeing as you only had on underwear beneath the gown, you blushed profusely and tried to push him away. He only pushed your hands away as he ran a thumb so gently across the crackled surface of the abused stone. You shuddered. It didn't hurt, it just felt... special.
"Steven..." you breathed out. You saw his face covered in a deep red blush as he heard you almost moan his name. Quickly shaking his dirty head he laid your gown back over your body and laid his hand on your cheek.
"I love you." He said plainly.
"W-what?! Steven-," you couldn't finish your statement as a pair of lips met yours. Shocked,  you let it happen. When he pulled back he looked down at you with determination in his eyes. He then spoke confidently.
"(y/n), I love you. With all my heart. We're going to get every piece of jewelry you made and put your gem back together and heal it. You understand me?" He asked.
"S-Steven... I love you too... thank you.." you whispered.

~time skip to after you get back all the jewelry~

"And that's the last one!" He exclaimed. In front of you sat over ten pieces of hand crafted jewelry that contained shards of your gem. He started to take each piece out of its gap and lay it in its former place on your stomach. Once they were all in, he leaned down and gently kissed your stone. After a moment and a bit of light, the gem had healed. Immediately you had water droplets grazing your fingertips and a beautiful pair of wings sprouted from your back.
"Steven, thank you!" You jumped into his arms in a hug.
"Of course (y/n). I'd do anything for you." He said, rubbing your back. You forgot just how good it felt to be a Lazuli. He then leaned back, hands on your shoulders.
"(y/n) listen to me. I heard you saying you feel depressed. I'm going to take you to therapy okay? I think it will really help you." He smiled as your face shifted a bit, but ended up in a smile either way.
"Thank you Steven, but... I won't do that... unless..."
"Unless what?"
"Unless you see a therapist too! You keep helping everyone but who's helping you? That's my deal. If I go, you go. And we'll work things out together." You smiled brightly.
"Deal." He smiled back.

Okay done! I'm surprised I managed a long chapter on the SAME DAY it was requested! Go author! It might not be perfect or up to your expectations, but I tried :P anyways I hope you liked it!