•Future Steven x Depressed!Insecure! Reader

Hey guys I'm back with a request this time! From now on I think I'm gonna put a • dot like that on the chapters that are requests. Anyways, the plot was also requested so this should be interesting! Of course there are warnings...
WARNING: THIS ONESHOT WILL CONTAIN THEMES OF DEPRESSION AND REFERENCES TO SELF HARM. IF THIS TRIGGERS YOU, PLEASE DO NOT READ THIS CHAPTER. Also possible slight swears :p
Anyways, onto the oneshot!
New keys:
(f/s)- favorite song
(m/n)-moms name
(d/n)-dads name

Flashback from readers POV:

"Tag! Gotcha!" I watched Steven stop when I finally managed to beat him at tag. He's my best friend. My only friend...
"Awww no fair!" He frowned at me, but I just laughed.
"That's what you get when you play tag with me! You know I always catch you." He seemed to think for a moment before sighing and agreeing with me.
"Yeah well... uh... YOU'RE IT NOW!" He had just lightly grazed my arm with his hand but he did in fact tag me back.
"Shoot, you cheated!" We both started laughing and there seemed to be a mutual agreement that the game should end. We sat down on the shore, staring out at the ocean. Recently, I had been getting more and more depressed, and sad, I never went outside unless it was with Steven, but I'm scared of what he'll say if he finds out. I just... feel like everything is... just... I'm not okay. But Steven... he's so bubbly and funny and nice... he'd definitely want to stop being my friend if he found out.... it had been silent until I spoke up.
"H-hey.... I'm just gonna go home early tonight... I'm kinda tired.." I faked a smile so he'd believe me.
"Awww okay, bye (y/n)!" He smiled as I stood up to walk away.
"Bye Steven..." I waved and walked off.
When I got home I started to cry.. I didn't want to see what Steven thought of me and my depression. It was inevitable he'd find out though if I stayed here. So I didn't. I grabbed my biggest suitcase and packed it full of clothes, my toothbrush and toothpaste, my hair brush, deodorant, and plenty of protein bars along with some water bottles. I took my wallet and pulled out a few dollars and I walked outside before my parents could stop me and I left a note I'd written for them on the door saying I was going to stay with our grandma who lived up north. I boarded the next bus and it took a long time but finally, finally I had arrived. I walked inside my grandmas house and she greeted me warmly, and understood when I told her what I'd done. Then I ran into her guest bedroom and cried for hours. I missed Steven so much..
In the days following I received countless calls from my mother, father, and of course... Steven...
S-Where r u (y/n)? I haven't seen you since you went home the other day :(
Y-Steven... please.. forget about me..
S-What??? No! What happened???
Y-Nothing just... leave me alone!
S-oh... okay...
I never saw Steven again after that.. until...

Flashback end.

I woke up and walked into the living room, only to find my grandma watching TV, as usual. I went into the kitchen and grabbed some eggs and ate breakfast. I can't do this anymore, I miss my home, my parents, Steven...
I decided finally it was time to go home. I informed my grandma and she allowed me to pack my bags and handed me a dollar to board the bus.
"To beach city, if you will..." the bus driver tipped his hat at me as I made my way down the aisle to the very back. I sat down with my luggage beside me and took a deep breath before plugging in my earbuds and listening to (f/s). I tried to stay calm but honestly I was so scared of what Steven would think if he saw me return looking like this. Bags under my eyes, I'd lost weight by not eating often enough, I'd become paler, and I only ever wore baggy clothes. I don't think I can go back to him now.. it's been too long. Damnit. Well there's at least my parents right?
Back in Beach City at last I ran straight to my parents' address. Their cars were still parked outside. They were still here. Thank goodness. I walked up to the door and knocked. While I waited I looked around at a new beach city. One with a whole other.. weird gem-looking city atop a hill behind... Stevens house... I felt my heart hurting. Just then my mom opened the door.
"(y-y/n)? Is it really you?"
"Hey mom," I smiled, and felt her grab me and squeeze me until I could hardly breathe.
"My baby!!! (d/n), our baby is back!!!" She started to cry.
"M-mom.. I can't... breathe..." I squeaked out.
"Oh honey I'm sorry.. I just missed you so much." I nodded at her, "I know."
Just then my dad came out and squeezed me as my mother had before. He let go fairly quickly though.
"I'm sorry I ran off... I just... felt so... alone..." I looked down and shuffled my feet a little.
"Oh honey, at least you're back. We love you." I smiled up at my mothers face.
"I love you too."
Just as I started walking inside, there was a huge crashing sound. I looked over towards Stevens old house and saw... a huge Godzilla like monster? And it's... pink? What's going on...? I had met Stevens gem family and I knew all about gem stuff but.. I'd never seen anything like this. I looked down at my pale hands and scarred arms. I felt deep down I'd need to help somehow. I looked back at my parents.
"I have to do something. I have to help. I love you guys." I said, eyes starting to water.
"(y/n) wait!" But by then I was already running. By the time I arrived, there was a blue gem with water wings holding down the monster with chains made of water. I remembered seeing her before. Lapis. Then there was everyone else. But by the time I was getting close, the pink monster had unleashed a roar throwing everyone back. I landed on my elbow, hissing at the pain as some of my scars opened slightly. Then I saw a familiar face. Garnet. She was on her knees, and when she tried to stand, she unfused. Scared, I ran over without thinking.
"Ruby! Sapphire! What's going on?!" But they didn't hear me. Connie, a human girl I'd met a long time ago who had a thing for Steven was giving some speech. Then I saw the diamonds? And they made garnet HUGE as she fused back together. They all started running at this huge monster. One person was missing.
"Where's Steven?" Then I heard Garnet talking to the monster while hugging it.
"Steven... let us help you." She referred you this "monster" as Steven. I looked to my right and I saw lion. He had just gotten back from launching Connie up at "Stevens" nose. The monster looked upset. I saw Steven in its eyes. I knew what I had to do. I ran over to lion, my sleeves now dabbed with blood from my arms.
"Lion, it's me, (y/n). If that's Steven, we have to help him." I looked the animal in it's eyes before hopping on his back. He used his super-warp and suddenly I was on the monsters nose in front of Connie after she backed away. I stumbled a bit, and saw Connie's shocked look when I finally got my balance back. I looked at the scaly skin of "Steven".
"Steven, if that really is you, I'm so sorry I left. I've had depression for years, and I was so afraid you'd stop being my friend if I told you. But you helped me so much before I left. I... I'm sorry... I want to help you now. I'm back, and I'm not leaving again... I promise..." and with that I landed a soft kiss as I whispered a tune I'd never heard but somehow knew anyways.
"Hey you, show me that solvable problem..." I sang slowly.
"We can get through this, I'll do the... hardest part with you..." I choked up as tears fell down my cheeks. But when I looked up the monster was crying too. Pink waterfalls dropped into the ocean below us as the monster glowed a bright whitish pink and shrunk back down to the boy I'd known for years. I fell as the nose I was standing on was gone, but Lapis caught me in midair and put me down in front of Steven. He was wrapped in a blue cloth, luckily, since he was technically naked in monster form. He looked up, still crying as he saw my face.
"(y-y/n)? Is... is that you? You're here... I... I..." before he could finish lion went up and licked Stevens warm tears. Steven grabbed lions head and cried, hard. I was so confused though. I knew Steven was a monster but what had happened? What had changed? Everyone gave Steven some time to himself to just let out his emotions so I took the time to speak with someone who'd know him best.
"Greg... what happened?" I looked at Stevens father, who I'd known when Steven and I were close.
"(y/n)? You're here?! Since when?" He looked at me in pure shock.
"It's a long story. I want to know what happened to Steven." I said firmly.
"Well... he's been having a really hard time lately, dealing with all the trauma he's experienced as a gem. He's kind of been, like, depressed. I should've been there for him but... I had no idea. He went crazy, taking the form of a diamond almost, and he kept making mistakes and figured he could just keep fixing them forever. He told us he felt like a monster after all he'd done and he became one I guess. We had to convince him that he's helped us all so much and that we're still here for him like he's been there for us." I looked at Greg and simply looked down.
"I had... no idea.. WAIT! I need to talk to him! Where is he?!" I looked at Greg nervously.
"Uh, in his room I think." I then ran into the house and up to Stevens room.
"Steven? Are you in there?" I leaned on the door. After a sniffle, he spoke, voice cracking.
"I-I'm here.. who's out there?" He asked.
"It's... it's me Steven. It's (y/n)." I stopped leaning on the door and backed up a bit as it cracked open. Steven was properly dressed, but not in his usual pinkish red shirt, in a black shirt and pink jacket. He looked good.
"(y-y/n)? I haven't seen you in... a really really long time..." I said nothing, just jumped onto him and hugged him tightly as I could. I could feel him tense up, but slowly he hugged me back, shaking slightly. He really had been through a lot.
"You just disappeared that night... where'd you go?" He pulled away as I walked into his room and sat on his bed.
"I... ran away.. I was staying with my grandma far away for a few years... I just... I was so afraid.." he looked at me sadly.
"Of what? Of... of me? Of the gems?" He looked so worried and sad.
"No! No... of myself... I've been depressed for as long as I can remember. I... did some stupid things... and I thought if you found out we couldn't be friends anymore.." I let a single tear fall down my cheek. He sat down beside me, rubbing my back gently.
"I would never do that to you... why would you say that? And what do you mean stupid things?" He asked innocently. I said nothing, just exposed my arm by pulling up my bloody sleeves, showing my scars from throughout the years I'd been gone.
"(y-y/n)... why... don't ever do this again... please..." he was in tears again as I cried, sobbing lightly.
"I'm sorry Steven... I just... I felt so lost... and alone... I... I missed you so much... and then I found out today you were dealing with the same shit I have... except so much worse... and I wasn't here for you... I'm so sorry..." I couldn't look at him. I felt so bad.
"Hey, it's okay, you didn't know, and neither did I." He had his arms out inviting me to hug him. I gently leaned in and grabbed him by the shoulders, holding on like my life depended on it.
"Steven I have to tell you something." I said quietly, finally allowing my tears to dry.
"Me too." I pulled back, shocked.
"W-well then.. you go f-first..." I said, feeling a blush rise to my cheeks.
"If you insist." He smiled gently. I noticed he had stopped crying and was now blushing just slightly.
"(y/n), I felt something whenever I was with you. Since we were kids, I've thought you are the most amazing person. So nice and beautiful..." he raised his hand to my face. My cheeks felt so hot, I knew I was bright red.
"I... I love you." He said, almost as if he'd shocked himself.
"Steven..." I couldn't believe it. I had figured that by now he and Connie would've tied the knot, but here he was. Confessing to ME. It's exactly what I wanted to tell him.
"It's.. it's okay if you don't feel the s-," I cut him off by grabbing his face and quickly planting a kiss on his lips. When I pulled back, his face was bright red. I laughed silently. Finally, I felt like I had something to smile about.
"I wanted to tell you the same thing. It's the reason I was so afraid of losing you." I said.
"I would never push you away for being depressed. I want to help you through things... I've been thinking this for a while, I'm leaving beach city. I'm gonna visit all 39 states, and I was gonna do it alone...but... if you'd like to join me.." he scratched behind his neck.
"Yes! A million times yes! I wouldn't miss it for the world." I smiled wide, finally knowing this was where I wanted to be. What I wanted to do. I was happy.

Jeez, I didn't mean for it to get that sad, cheesy, and especially long, but, I hope it was everything you wanted @Undertale2018. I enjoyed writing it, and I can't wait to do more requests :3