Learning

*Author's Note* Hey guys, sorry but this chapter is pretty short just like the last one but I promise that the next one will be longer..after I finish fixing it up a bit.

The story's starting to come to an end :( only a few more chapters left and it'll be over!! Wahh!!!!

Enjoy (Even though its short)

P.S. The picture on the side is the colouring that Stephanie's wolf is. (It's the cloest one I could find)

The darkness was calming, my breathing was slow and my heartbeat was almost non-existent from how calm I was at the moment.

“Good dear, slow your breathing and you slow your heart rate and conserve your energy. When you’re fighting you will have adrenaline going through you and your will need to be able to control it. That way you last longer during the fight.” Canistra’s smooth voice drifted through the darkness of my eyelids and I took an even slower breath and felt m back straighten again, letting the fresh air slip down my throat and into my expanding lungs before being slowly released.

"Good now open your eyes and try again.” She said, I felt her warm fur brush against my arm and I slowly opened my eyes, the piercing sun didn’t even affect me anymore, I could stare straight into its brightness and not even wince.

I slowly stood up and continued staring into the sun, there weren’t even any black spots dancing across my vision like they used to be whenever I looked at the sun, and I clenched my fists at my sides. I remembered what Canistra told me to do, clear my mind, see the magic around me and take control of it.

Bringing my hand up until it was in line with my chest, I opened my hand and breathed slowly, willing the magic to obey me. I could feel it but I hadn’t been able to grasp it and contort it into doing what I wanted, it seemed to slip through my fingers like sand; the tingling in my hand was familiar now, I was starting to control the magic but it usually drained away before I could do anything with it. I had been practicing for two hours already and hadn’t been able to do much with the magic, but this time I was concentrating completely on what I wanted it to do.

My palm faced up and my fingers curled inwards, I could feel it building up in my hand but still nothing appeared; Canistra sat silently to my left with her head cocked to the side, waiting as anxiously as I was. My fingers convulsed and when I felt as though my arm would go numb from the tingling, my fingers snapped flat and a flame exploded into my hand, dancing on my skin like a ladybug and just as harmless.

“Well done, very well done.” Canistra praised, I felt proud of myself for doing it, I had no doubt anymore of who I was now and I knew that there was no limit to what I could do, smiling down at her I closed my hand around the flame and made a motion like I was crushing crunchy leaves with one hand before my hand tipped to where the palm was facing the ground and I opened it to allow the dozens of tiny fire droplets to run from my hand and fingers and to the ground like raindrops. I heard Canistra chuckle when the spots that the flame drops landed sprouted gold and red flowers that seemed to pulse with the fire I had just created.

“They are beautiful Stephanie.” Canistra said putting her nose next to one and sniffing it before lifting her head to smile at me again, I guessed that they weren’t hot then.

“I didn’t even mean to make them.” I said staring down at the beautiful flowers I had created, even the leaves and their stems were pulsing with fire.

"There are many things you can do that you didn’t know of.” Canistra smirked and walked to the edge of the cliff to sit and stare at the sun high in the air.

We were at the same cliff at Pete’s Ridge Canyon that Jacob and I had been on a few days ago, where Canistra had brought me to keep me safe from Shadow and where she had hidden me as a baby. This cliff had been very kind to me throughout my life.