Changing an Enemy

*Author's Note* Hey guys sorry this chapter is really small but I promise that the next one will be longer. It's basically just about some stuff that happens at the school, I figure that my characters should have a sort of normal life at school. Hope you like it and comment for me :)

“So what happened yesterday? You know when you told me to get away from the house.” Jacob asked running up to me and kissing my forehead the next day. I felt a warm imprint where his lips had touched my forehead and felt a tingle go up my spine.

“Oh I just heard something and I didn’t want you to get into trouble. I thought it was my mum.” I didn’t want to lie to him but what else could I say?

We walked to school again with our hands linked together; there was a slight breeze and the invisible currents pushed the loose locks of hair from my face and behind my ear to join the rest of my brown hair that was secured in a pony-tail plait.

“Hey where’s the cheerleading uniform?” I asked him after a moment of silence, I had only just noticed that he wasn’t wearing it today. Instead he wore a pair of dark grey shorts that ended just above his knees and a blue polo shirt that was a little darker than my blue blouse top.

“Yeah well I was kind of hoping I could hang out with you and your friends today so that I can get to know them.” Jacob said shrugging his shoulders, I could see the muscles in his arms move as his shoulders lifted and fell under his shirt.

“That’s fine. I’d love that.” I said back to him, giving him a little shove with my shoulder.

“Great.” Jacob replied, his face changed as he looked at me, like he wanted to say or ask something but wasn’t brave enough to. “I know that I’m not supposed to do this until the third date but…” Jacob said lightly stopping and pulling me into his arms with our faces just inches apart. He brought his face down closer to mine until I could feel his hot breath on my nose.

“Stephy!” Someone yelled from up the hill. It was Victoria. Jacob let go of me and I ran up the hill to hug my best friend; luckily we didn’t fall over like we usually did, that would’ve been embarrassing.

“Hey where were you yesterday?” I asked her after our two minute hug, by then Jacob was almost at the top of the hill beside us, an amused smile planted on his face.

“Oh I was at home helping my mum for the day. Long story, don’t ask.” Victoria said eyeing Jacob as he stood beside me silently. “So what happened yesterday when I wasn’t here?” Victoria whispered quietly to me, although it was obvious that Jacob could hear what she was saying.

“I’ll tell you all about it later.” I whispered back then a little louder I said. “But you can probably guess.” Jacob moved closer to me and put his arm around my waist and nestled into his side.

“Oh ok. I’ll see you guys in there then.” Victoria said turning and skipping off into the school grounds humming a happy tune which I had no idea where she got it from.

“Is she always that cheerful?” Jacob asked smiling and slightly laughing and leaning his cheek on top of my head.

“Are you kidding? That’s her on a bad day.” I replied laughing a bit too, he hugged me closer and I kissed him on the cheek.

I had a feeling he would get on really well with my friends.

                                                                                 ~

“Hi Ringleader. Any new animals fall into the Big Top lately?” Cassidy teased me at lunch time, she was standing in front of me with a smirk planted on her face and her chest stick out trying to make herself look ‘more appealing’ to my guy friends. Her skirt was still short and she was proudly flaunting her captain’s badge around as it shone from the left side of her cheerleading top.