CHAPTER 7---THE RED STONE

Ruby was beginning to feel like a new kid. She was happy, instead of tired all the time. She was making new friends. Life felt so good.

That night, she crawled into bed and reached again for the magic bag. This time, the red stone glowed, begging to be picked up. Like the others, it was warm to the touch. She placed the stone on her forehead. It seemed to just want to be there, so she gently held in above her eyes.

The stone lit her entire room up with a warm, red glow. Instantly, her eyes closed and she fell into a sound, sound sleep.

When she woke, she realized she was surrounded by warm, smooth stones. Thousands of small stones cradled her in a sitting position. She felt very comfortable and safe.

She heard a slow clicking sound and noticed a large, red, tortoise-like creature walking toward her.

"Hello, I'm Ruby," she said.

Oh, hello there, I am Rosey. I am a Rindle. My glowing, red stone brought you to me. My magic connects all the thoughts in your head to your hands."

"I'm not sure what you mean," Ruby said.

"My magic, red stone helps you to write - a lot!" Rosey explained.

Ruby remembered how the other stones had helped her to find her strengths, too. Maybe it was possible that she could actually write well! She rubbed her eyes, yawned and fell fast asleep.