Chapter 32

"I can't believe we are actually doing this." I said a little excited and looking at Luke.

I felt arms wrap around me from behind the seat, "I know! We are going camping!" I heard Brian yell in excitement.

"Sit still, will you?" Evie said while pulling Brian back in his seat.

Right now we were all going for camping at some place Xavier knew. I still don't remember how we all came up with this decision today but we did. All of us. Yes, even Xavier, Olivia, Nathaniel and Alec. They were all in Xavier's car.

It was dark outside. I think it was Brian who wanted to do this at night. I looked out the window and up at the sky. It was a clear night with stars shining brightly upon everything and anything.

"How long?" I asked.

"I don't know. Xavier won't tell. The only option we have is to follow him." Luke said.

I sighed. Sounds so much like Xavier.

I could see his car going in front of ours as we followed behind him. We were on a single lane right now with trees covering one side and miraculously steep on the other side. To be honest it looked scary with no cars in sight. Only ours.

"He is not planning on killing us here, right?" Evie asked breaking the silence once there was too much in the car.

As soon as she spoke it was again filling with silence.

It was Brian who spoke next, "I don't think Xavier is capable of that....He isn't, is he?" He fell silent for a while lost in his own thoughts before he cursed, "I just imagined Xavier in all his bad moods. And let me tell you. He is very much capable of killing all of us."

I shook my head sighing. I closed my eyes laying my head on the head of the seat before I was shaken vigorously. And I mean VIGOROUSLY.

"WHAT IS IT BRIAN?" I yelled in between his shaking.

"He won't kill us, will he?" He asked in a high pitched tone.

I pinched his hands that were covering my shoulders, "He is not a freaking serial killer!"

"Who says he can't kill us?! We won't even be found here. Look at this. It is so dark. Who suggested it to do at night?! I am gonna kill him!"

I could see from the rearview mirror as Evie choked onto Brian's neck making him loosen his hands on my shoulder and almost collapsing onto her lap,

"You were the one! Let me make your work easy of killing him."

Brian choked as Evie let go of him rolling her eyes. I heard Luke chuckle beside me. I turned to him in a questioning way.

He shook his head, "It's just that I have seen Brian being beaten up by a girl for the first time."

Brian's head appeared in between the seat glaring at Luke, "I am gonna kill you if you open your damn mouth in front of anyone else about this. I have a reputation to hold!"

Evie pulled him back with her again, "You have reputation?"

"Of course I do!"

And just like that the car was not filled with silence anymore. Hell, I preferred silence over their bickering. I listened to their conversations every now and then but most of the time I let my eyes close and let my mind wonder about all the things I would be doing at the campsite. Sometimes I would think about Alec or even Xavier, about his good side? But that was it.

I heard Luke ask me from beside me if I was doing fine. I let my eyes find their way to his and nod my head letting him know that I was doing great.

"We packed everything, right? We have to put up a tent. And FOOD? We brought food, right?"