Chapter 30

"You wanna talk about it?"

I glanced sideways and looked at Luke who was staring right in the front while his hands were resting on the steering wheel. He drummed his fingers on it waiting for my answer,

"About what?" I asked turning away from him and diverting my attention to the outside world.

It was such a nice weather. Why can't I just enjoy it without any conversation with someone about someone.

"Whatever is bothering you." He replied stopping his finger movement and looking at me.

"Nothing's bothering me." I sighed.

"It's fine if you don't want to talk about it but don't lie to me next time, okay?"

My eyes widened, "I-I"

"Don't tell me otherwise." He laughed.

I fell silent before nodding my head. It wasn't Luke. I just didn't want to talk about what happened back in the medical room. I don't want to talk about Alec nor his confession.I don't want to give much thought into Alec's words.

But no matter what I am not able to get my mind off him. No matter how much I try I only end up thinking more about it.

I won't hold back.

Ughhhh....What did he even mean by that? Oh my holy mother of Jesus, is everyone conspiring against me? Is everyone wanting me to go insane?

"Liya, I know I have said this many times but I'll tell you again." I heard Luke say. He looked at me with his grey eyes, "just think of me as your friend and lean on me. Trust me. I'll help you out if you need any help, okay?"

I hummed in response, "but why are you telling me this?"

He shrugged his shoulders, "I just feel like you are not that comfortable with me. If it is about the kiss,"

I looked down with my cheeks red. I heard him chuckle,

"See. I can just promise you that they are all friendly, okay? So don't be shy or uncomfortable the next time I kiss you. Take it as a friendly touch from a friend."

°°°°

"Do I look good?" Mom asked fixing her hair while dad closed the door of the car from his side.

"Of course you do honey." He said going and wrapping his arms around her. She blushed down before they made their move towards the house standing in front of us.

I sighed as I went and joined the both of them. I stood behind them while looking down at my dress. I was wearing an emerald halter dress. The dress was lively as it had a movement whenever I moved.

My parents rang the bell before we heard noises from the other side. Hannah was screaming at everyone getting hyped, "Oh my god they are here. John you open up the door. I'll put up the dinner while Xavier....XAVIER YOU BETTER GET YOUR ASS DOWN RIGHT NOW!"

I couldn't help but chuckle as we waited for the door to open. We were here at Xavier's to have dinner as usual. But it was the first time after deciding onto be good terms. It will be the first time when Xavier won't be cold, ignorant or snarky.

The door opened and John stood there smiling while greeting my parents. They hugged and laughed together as he invited us all in. I held my hands in front of me as I entered his house and looked around. It wasn't my first time being here but no matter how many times I come here I cannot help but look around. Feel the warmth of the walls, people here. It was beautiful house afterall. There's a single place I haven't seen in this whole house....Xavier's room. He hasn't shown me. Not even once. And I never really pushed him to show me either. I respect his personal space. I know whenever he feels comfortable he'll take me there on his own.