XI: wasting money like a sexist wastes oxygen.

Taehyung had not warned Jeongguk hours ahead for this date. About fifteen minutes before he picked him up he texted, telling him to get ready, and to pick out some fancy comfortable clothing.

As Jeongguk was lying in his bed in only boxers, eating chips and watching anime, this message almost gave him a heart attack. His choice for the day were simply a dark grey hoodie and a black pair of jeans. Poor Jeongguk didn't have the time to pick out a decent outfit as his hair was all over the place, taking up most of the time he had to get ready.

It was rather early for a date, as well. The clock hadn't even struck 15:00 yet. There is only so many bars or high class restaurants you can go to at that hour, and all these thoughts made Jeongguk's curiosity grow by the second.

Taehyung had picked him up the same way as the day before. Leaning so elegantly against his car, showing off how his outfit complemented his figure. His green and white checkered shirt tucked into his black jeans, the black belt he was wearing screaming out to Jeongguk how tiny his waist was.

Jeongguk almost had to do a double take, scanning his whole body once wasn't good enough. It was not doing this outfit any justice. Of course he did not make it obvious the way his eyes lingered on the few rings on his hand, feeling himself gulp as he saw the way Taehyung's fingers were so.. well manicured.

As Taehyung started the car, Jeongguk couldn't help but get a little excited for the day ahead of them.

- - • - -

"Is this it?"

Jeongguk's eyebrow quirks up at his view. They're in the middle of a shopping district. Lots of people are trying to pass, he can already hear different conversations from the shoppers. Lights were illuminating him from every angle. Huge signs and ads are displaying pretty men and women holding different products.

He sees stores, stores he's never even thought of entering. He smells all kinds of foods, many coming from small food stands. He feels the bitter warmth of the exhaust from cars hitting his body like a heat wave. He hears so many different things, it's so loud. This city is so loud.

Yet when Taehyung talks, all the other ear deafening sounds fades into background noise, it's all muffled. Taehyung's voice is loud though, Jeongguk can hear his voice clear as day, "Yeah! I'm spoiling the fuck outta you today, babe!"

As much as he'd like to correct the other, the excitement in Taehyung's eyes is enough for Jeongguk to forget the annoying nickname, and let himself get dragged by the hand through the city. Through people, through the different smells. Through all kinds of sounds. Jeongguk's mind also rushing through all kinds of thoughts.

Taehyung's hand is so protectively wrapped around his own, a firm grip keeping him secure, yet comfortable. His fingers slowly but surely entangles themselves in Jeongguk's, and Jeongguk lets him.

It's nice, the warmth from Taehyung's hand traveling through Jeongguk's whole body, heating up even his coldest areas. He wonders if Taehyung enjoys his hand as much as he enjoys Taehyung's.

Jeongguk doesn't think that's possible.

There are so many stores here, Jeongguk thinks he's been to maybe two or three of them before. Taehyung seems to be very well familiar to this area of town, as he's determinately dragging Jeongguk around a corner and into the first store. Bottega Veneta, read the glowing letters above the entrance.

It's a small store, and there are few people in there. Judging by the way the employees greet Taehyung by his first name and with wide smiles, Jeongguk guesses he's been here a few times before. There are many bags of different shapes and sizes put up on the wall, and the interior is rather simple, only the cashier and one other table is placed in the store. The use of only beige, white and grey tones makes the room look sleek, of high quality. It makes it seem like the store itself has high standards of it's customers.