Cursed

I didn't realize my knowledge had so many holes in it. I learned so many new things in the past week, that I would have never found out if I never came here and escaped my bubble of saftey.

I ended up making a list of things I learned with a notepad Connor managed to steal for me:

Breakfast

Gods

Demi-Gods

(Anything that has to do with greek mythology)

Writing

Dinner (I had already learned lunch because it was one of the classes in the school the children I used to spy on went to)

Sneakers

Electronics

Hair ties

and ice cream... gods did I love ice cream.

I sat down on the top of a tree that surrounds the forest that held monsters and games like- oh yeah. I add Capture the Flag to the list.

Anyway I sat in one of the trees with my list of things I have learned, staring at the sky. I didn't have many close friends in Camp Half-Blood, besides Percy, Annabeth, Travis and Connor. Most of the Aphrodite girls hated my guts, as well as the Ares cabin (they thought I was a stupid 'chick' that had a luck bonus when it came to archery.) Maybe I should explain.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~FLASHBACK~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

I walked with Travis on my left side and Connor on my right. Though I never showed a real warm sence of frendship to them, they never stopped trying to be nice to me. They 'gave' me some toiletries they 'found'. They considered me a new mystery- a new adventure- to try to figue out.

"C'mon! If you walk through the trees that way we can get to the archery range faster-" Travis started.

"No, I will go the way we are supposed to go." I said for the thirteenth time. Connor frowned.

"But where's the fun in that?" I rolled my eyes.

We walked up the hill to the archery range with the twins basically wining in my ear the whole time. When we arrived, it looked like the same scene I had encountered when I had first arrived at Camp Half Blood. A row of various targets were scattered at different distances up until a wall of trees that led deeper into the forest. In front of the targets, there was a demi-god at every target except for maybe four. At the six targets that were occupied, I saw mostly children of Ares, Hephastus (who were observing how well the wepons worked), and Apollo. A few demi-gods of Athena were sitting back and watching the arrows hit and miss, and wrote notes or commented about how they could have improved with standing at more of an angle or something else that was to complicated for me to understand. Also, I noticed a few daughters of Aphrodite gossiping about how "hot that one guy from___ cabin is," when he "retrieves his arrows," or "sweats," or something. 

After I was done evaluating my surroundings I was practically thrown towards a lane for a target that sat maybe 50 feet away. 

"Alright hot stuff, time to show us what your made of!" Travis said with a hand gesture towards the target and a smirk. I growled a responce back to him.

"My name is Ara, not 'hot stuff'," 

"Whatever sweetcheeks." Conor replied, "We are obligated by Chiron to introduce you to the art of achery and to 'see if you have a calling or become claimed', kay?" 

I literally had no idea what he was saying to me. I stared blankly at him until he sighed. "Listen, you take this here," he pointed to a bow that Travis pesented to me with a bow, " and you stick an arrow in it and pull back on the string, let the arrow fly, and pray it hits the target." He frowned, " At least thats how I think it goes... I acutally have no experience with a bow and arrow whatsoever so...," he took the bow from Travis and shoved it ungracefully into my hand, "good luck. Aim for the center!" He have me a big grin with a mathing one from his sibling.