Unknown

the next morning I was asleep on the cot that someone had brought me until my skin started tingling. I suddenly knew someone was sneaking up on me.

My eyes flashed open an I instinctively whipped around into a crouch, hissed while baring my teeth, and reached for my silver bow that was suddenly there. 

Two boys were standing frozen next to my small cot on the floor with a large barrel that said 'water' on it. I finally realized where I was as yesterday's events came back to me. 

I immediately stood up and willed my bow to disappear. 

"Hello. Good morning. Hi!" I said quickly hoping they didn't notice the weapon that had just appeared.

"Uh... did you see..-" Travis started. I quickly interrupted. 

"Nope. Bye!" and I ran like a bat out of Hades. 

The first thing I noticed when I ran outside, was the thick mist that hung on the treetops like a veil. The second thing was the cold dew drops that washed over my feet... I was barefoot. The third thing was that the camp was empty. 

Find Chiron. Find Chiron. Find Chiron. Something within me shouted. Well, I wasn't in a state to argue. 

My feet took off almost at their own accord, and immediately started following an invisable trail. A faint map almost apeared of my surroundings, so that I knew the place like the back of my hand. 

Volleyball courts? My sprint faltered a second, checking to make sure no one was there. 

Not a soul.

Strawberry Feilds? I went through a mental checklist of all the places in camp, until two remained. 

The Ampetheater and The Dining Pavillion. 

I ran to The Dining Pavillion first, seeing as it was much closer than The Ampetheater. My (currently) blonde hair streaked out behind me, as I swerved around one of the pillars and used my heel to stop short. Finally. Everyone was sitting here eating. 

Are there certain times when people eat, because it sure looks like it. 

Everyone in the whole of the camp sat at multiple different tables. Chatting, laughing, shoving, shouting, and the occasional trickery of friends putting salt and pepper in their friends drink when they turn thier backs. 

I walked up to the Pavillion and noticed when almost everyone stared at me. At first there were a few blissful seconds of almost silence, then there was the swarm of mumbling and whispering, though the eyes never left me. 

I quickly scampered up to Chiron, and tried to ignore the staring eyes. It was difficult.

"Chiron? May I ask you something?" The second I finished talking, more whispers came to my ears. With my acute sences I picked up on a few bits of conversation. 

"Where do you think she was?"

"Wasn't her hair a different color yester-"

"Get your hand out of my food, bro!"

"So the newbee actually speaks." 

The last comment got my blood boiling. I thought it came from the Ares table or the Aphrodite table. I bared my teeth. 

Of course I can talk! My mind growled. As soon as I thought it, the Pavillion went quiet again.

Then I realized I had said it out loud. 

My pupils dialated in fear and my breathing increased. 

"Yes, you may." Chiron answered my earlier question. 

"Why is everyone here?" He raised an eyebrow at me.

"We are eating breakfast." Breakfast... I searched my vocabulary for a moment and coming up dry. I shyly looked up from underneath my lashes and asked quietly.

"What is breakfast?" 

Though my voice was quiet, everyone seemed to hear me. 

"Did she just ask what is breakfast?" I heard someone say. 

"Breakfast? You do not know what breakfast is?" Chiron asked, shocked. 

Ah man this is gonna be a long day.

A/N:

I give you permission to hate me. I deserve it. I AM SO BUMMED!! 

JUST FOR THE RECORD I WANT TO UPDATE, BUT I NEVER HAVE THE TIME. 

for example, I have an oral project due tommorrow and i'm not even half way done.

*silent, sarcastic clapping*

anyway, enjoy this chapter and I will make the next one a LOT more action packed... this one was just a filler. 

See you on the dark side.

~wingedwolf~