Knowledge

• Dedicated to All of you readers who stuck with me!

I followed the horse-man into the Big House silently. A smooth breeze flowed through the windows making the white curtains flow outward. Percy and Annabeth followed behind me. I still didn't trust anyone but the horse-man. I realized I didn't even know his name.

"What is your name?" I asked smoothly. My voice, when not filled with fear or nerves, was warm and confident. Horse-man looked at me curiously, examining me for a trace of something I didn't know. He looked oddly confused, but then replied "Chiron. My name is Chiron." 

Chiron. Sharp in pronunciation and oozed wisdom. "Hello Chiron. My name is Ara." I said without a smile. My chocolate brown hair turned slightly orange when the sun set so I was not surprised when my brown hair turned orange. (Her hair is constantly turning different colors during the day) I heard Annabeth's gasp, and when I turned to look at her you could see her brain searching for an answer. Percy just stared in confusion.

"Uh, Ara, can you tell us why your hair just turned orange?" 

"My hair symbolizes the sky. Or, at least, thats what it seems." I responded. I turned back to Chiron. "Why am I here?" I asked. '

"What do you know about the Greek Gods?"  he responded with a question. I cocked an eyebrow.

"Greek Gods?" I had never heard the term, but something clicked in my mind, showing me it was important. 

"Then we have quite a bit to explain." Percy said.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Apparently there are 12 major Greek Gods, and those Greek Gods (plus a few minor ones) have kids and those kids go to camp here. I was 'undetermined', as they called it, so I would be staying inside the Hermes cabin. 

I walked along-side Annabeth who was leading me to the Hermes kids. My hair was now changed to the star-white (resembling the moon) I had come to find fascinating. 

Crickets chirped in the grass while I hummed a tune.

"Melodies of the crickets,

the breeze in the trees,

give me hope in the forest,

while I walk in the peace,

Stars and the moon,

accompany the-"

"What are you singing?" Annabeth asked. I hadn't realized we had arrived at the door of the Hermes cabin. I replied with a shrug.

To be honest, I didn't really know where the song had come from. 

"Connor? Travis? You have a new camper!" Annabeth shouted through the doorway. Two boys popped up from nowhere. 

"Why, hello Annabeth! To what do we owe this glorious visit?" One of the two identical boys said. Annabeth rolled her eyes.

"Hello Travis." she said dully. Travis smiled even wider.

"And who is this?" he asked, leaning on the doorframe casually.

"This," Annabeth said dully as if she didn't want to be here, ", is Ara. Your newest camper."

"Connor, whadda you think?" Travis asked his (seemingly) twin. Connor leaned a little closer to me with narrowed eyes. My chest started to rise and fall quickly as I grew more and more uncomfortable. 

"Undetermined." Connor said suddenly making me jump. "She doesn't look anything like a child of Hermes. Though with her grey eyes-"

"I think it is more of a silver." Travis interrupted.

"Potato, tomato." Connor said waving his hand in the air. "But with those eyes she could be a child of Athena."

"Yeah, but-"

"Connor! Travis!" Annabeth snapped, breaking the two boys' conversation. She turned towards me "Sorry Ara. Percy made a deal with the Gods saying that every demi-god would be claimed before they reached thirteen, and you are probably... sixteen. Three years overdue." She said with an apologetic smile. "Thats why everyone will probably be confused- or frustrated-" she mumbled" until you are claimed.

"O-okay." I said quietly. 

why did I decide to leave the safety of my camp?

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

I AM SO SORRY FOR NOT UPDATING!

I have been traveling a lot lately but now I am back and running! Make sure to leave a comment or a vote for future updates!

Leave comment about:

Archery

a funny story where you were put on the spot

or when you felt totally confident!

~wingedwolf