Izuku Vs. Todoroki

“I’m so excited!!!” Present mic shouted out to the crowd his body dancing in the booth “Never before have we seen such an incredible line-up in the first year Semi-finals.” 

Aizawa sighed at the erratic commentary, but had to agree with the sentiments. The top four students were leagues ahead of their classmates in terms of skill and combat knowledge. It would be interesting to see just how these top four would clash and who would come out on top. 

Izumi panted as she raced back to the seating, her face sweating and eyes red from crying.

“Izumi-chan! Are you alright?” Uraraka flailed her hands around seeing Izumi’s panicked and upset state.

“I’m fine! They haven’t started yet right?” Izumi, unable to sit leaned over the railing and let out a breath of relief. “Good, I was worried I’d miss it.” 

“The rest of us would like to watch it too.” Bakugo grabbed the back of her shirt and yanked her down into the seat he’d saved for her. “I went through the trouble of saving you a seat, so use it!” 

“Thanks…” Too invested in the fight to argue Izumi sat on the edge and pressed her fingers to her lips. 

“Izumi-chan?” Uraraka leaned over, looking at the girl’s eyes. She looked so nervous and frightened… Was she that worried about her brother? 

Bakugo scowled, meeting Uraraka’s eyes over Izumi’s bent form. 

“Oi, half pint-” 

“SHHH! They’re starting!” She shoved a hand at Bakugo motioning him to be quiet.

“The first match of the semi-final round is a big match! It features the winners of our first two events… The young man who literally left his first two competitors frozen in the tracks, from the hero course it’s Shoto Todoroki!” 

Todoroki walked up the steps, his resolve strong, and hunger to fight high. His fingers clenched and flexed at his side, and he took a long deep breath to settle any remaining nerves. His eyes focused ahead of him, and watched his competitor come up the steps to meet him. 

“Versus… the young man who’s shown such amazing overwhelming strength and endurance! From the Hero course, it’s Izuku Midoriya!”  

Izuku was determined to keep his promise. He’d already been focused on winning, but Izumi’s plead to help Todoroki had tightened his resolve. It was rare for his sister to cry about anything that didn’t concern family. For whatever reason Todoroki meant something to her, and it would be his job to stop the guy in his tracks and keep him from tearing himself in two. 

“How will this battle come out I wonder…” Iida rubbed his chin. 

“It depends on if Midoriya can get close to Todoroki.” Tokoyami decided. 

“That’s true, what’s Deku-kun gonna do about that ice?” Uraraka agreed. 

“I don't know…” Izumi let out a shaky breath. “...but this battle won't be decided by a matter of skill, but by resolve.” She clenched her hands in her lap. “Both are good and strong fighters… but unless you have the will and hunger to win, that skill will only take you so far.” 

“I don’t think either of them lack resolve, shorty.” Bakugo commented, mirroring her position by leaning forward and eying the combatants. 

“Maybe…” Izumi felt the tears wanting to form again but she shoved them back. “...but which one of them has more?” 

“These two have shown top class performances! It’s like two rivals fighting off against each other!”  Izuku let One for All pulse through him, electric green waves of power sparking around him. Todoroki slipped into his stance, eyes hard and focused on his quarry. The audience could feel thickening air of tension and were already brought to the edge of their seats. “Now, Midoriya Vs. Todoroki…”