Tournament Trouble

Izuku pressed his back to the wall to stay out of sight of his sister and Todoroki. He had overheard the entire conversation, and it had shocked and appalled him at the cruelty in Todoroki’s family. It had shocked him further to hear the emotion in his sister’s voice.  It was rare she showed this soft side of herself to anyone outside of whom she considered family. It was obvious to Deku that Todoroki was special to her, perhaps like a brother, or-

“Deku… there you are!” 

“EEPmmmph!” Izuku put his hands over his mouth to silence his squeaks. He turned to see Bakugo strutting towards him irritably.

 “I’ve been looking all over for you. What was with those faces you were making at- MMMPH!” He grunted when Izuku rushed to rushed to cover his mouth.

 “Shhhh…” Izuku pressed a finger to his lips and had irritation spreading over Bakugo’s face. He grabbed Izuku’s hand squeezing it hard. 

“The hell is your problem…” 

“Shh, Izumi will hear you… Kacchan! No no no!” Izuku begged in hushed hurried tones, and flailed his arms trying to stop Bakugo from rounding the corner. He knew Kacchan had feelings for Izumi, and didn’t want him to get upset over seeing her with another boy. 

“Oi!” Bakugo shoved Izuku back with on hand peering around the corner, and irritation further filled his face. “The hell are you doing, this is a school not a love nest.” 

Izuku groaned, and poked his fingers together. He wanted to point out that he’d done worse things on campus with him, but felt it wasn’t the time or place to discuss that kind of thing. “Sorry Izumi. I tried to stop him, but-” 

“It’s okay, Zuku.” Surprisingly calm she slowly pulled from Todoroki and tucked hair behind her ear. “We should probably get back to the cafeteria. I need to apologize to Mineta and Kaminari, and plus I haven’t eaten.” 

“Huh? Apologize?” Izuku blinnked in confusion. 

“I had no right to snap at them that way… I overheard an ugly conversation plus I was riled up from the match.” she sighed heavily and turned blue. “I don’t want to admit it but, I overreacted.” 

“That’s the understatement of the century.” Bakugo snarled and Izumi glared at him. 

“Watch your mouth, Bakugo, you’re lucky Todoroki calmed me down or I’d take you on here and now instead of waiting for the next round.” 

“Bring it out, half pint.” He smirked leaning in. “I’d be more than happy to show you your place.” 

“Hey come on you guys, let’s all try to stay calm and get along okay?” Izuku held up his hands and blinked. “Oh yeah, Todoroki-kun, wasn’t there something you wanted to talk about with Izumi and I?” 

All eyes turned to Shoto and he fidgeted a bit under the stare. 

“Not so much talk, but it can wait.” He looked down at Izumi who smiled warmly at him. It was a soft look he hadn’t seen since their date, and it warmed him immensely. “I’ve decided I don’t need to know just yet.”

Whatever their connection with All Might was, Todoroki thought, it wouldn’t stop him from wanting to win. The twins were his competition, and that went for Bakugo as well. The fact that Izuku had frightened him into using his fire just meant he couldn’t underestimate the guy any longer.

“Let’s go eat.” 

When they returned to the cafeteria, Izumi was good to her word and she apologized to Mineta and Kaminari. She held out her hand for the uniform, and after eating a quick meal, begrudgingly put it on.