french.

It was a few months later that I finally perked up the courage to actually talk to her. I had thought about it so may times, but I had always made excuses. I was absolutely terrified I would stutter or sweat or just have nothing to say. Or maybe I would ramble on and on about the dumbest shit and she would think I was a complete idiot.

Or maybe I would be totally cool, and I would be myself, but she would hate me.

That's what frightened me the most. I had admired this girl for months. Months. What if she simply didn't like me?

I was walking to lunch, I saw her. She was sitting alone, as usual. She wasn't those kind of people that everyone hated, or everyone thought was a freak. She didn't talk to anyone really. She didn't have friends, and no one seemed t notice her. She was one of those bad ass cool girls you saw on tumblr, she simply didn't care.

This was before. Before she wanted to be different and be normal, before she met me.

I sat across from her, she had a book in one hand and an apple in the other. She didn't buy a lunch, she never did, just her shiny red apple. She didn't even glance at me, just kept her gaze on the book. I looked at the cover, trying to see what she was reading. It was a plain paper back that had the title written in orange cursive. I couldn't make out the words, I didn't think it was english...this would be the perfect time to talk to her.

"Hey," I clear my throat, shaking slightly, "What book are you reading? Y-You seem really into it-"

I stop when she instantly drops the book and just glares at me. I swallow, my eyes widening. She says nothing, which was even more intimidating, just glares. I stare back, probably looking like a frightened child.

"Are you really interested in what book I'm reading, or what color my panties are?"she asks bitterly.

"N-no!" I rush out, "I-I just wanted to talk, you were alone an-"

"I want to be alone. I don't like people."

"Well hey, me either." I joke, smiling for a moment awkwardly. She just stares at me.

"Then you wouldn't be sitting here, you obviously don't hate people." she says, picking her book back up.

"What book is that?" I ask again. She sighs loudly.

"It's french, you wouldn't understand it." she huffs.

"French? Where'd you learn french?" I question.

"Will you fucking leave me alone?"

"No."

"Fine." she begins to stand and leave, taking a bite of her apple roughly when she stops and immediately sits back down.

"What?" I ask at her worried expression. Her eyes wide, and she was staring at the table, cheeks rosy. I look behind her and see a boy walking towards us, then past us. She flicks her eyes at him and lets out a shaky breath after he is gone.

His hair was a lilac color, and he had tattoos covering both his arms and chest. His lip ring also added another hint of punk. And she was blushing just because she saw him. Dammit.

"You like him?"

"Who?"

I give her that, 'are you fucking kidding me' look and she looks pissed.

"Fuck off." she stands to leave and I stop her.

"Well I could get him to take you out, we are friends." I blurt out. That wasn't true, that was a complete lie.

"No your not, I've never seen him with other people before, he's almost always alone." he retorts.

"Okay then, I guess I won't ask him then." I tease.

"What do you want from me?" she asks, still looking pissed.

"To sit with you at lunch, and , talk."

"Talk?" she asks bitterly. "Fine, as long as you bring him tomorrow." she gestures towards the lilac boy.

"O-okay." I lie, "I will."

"Good." she says, leaving the cafeteria.

I was completely fucked.