Chapter Nine

Louis’ Perspective

I was sick again. Luckily, I managed to get out of Zayn’s embrace before I threw up. It would have been horrible if I threw up on him.

Zayn’s arm stays around me as we walk towards the dressing room where Harry, Liam and Niall are walking out of right now. My stomach flips guiltily as I see Harry’s face and I look at the ground, trying to ignore the four sets of eyes staring at my face. I lean into Zayn and he whispers a comfort in my ear which doesn’t make me feel any better. I doubt anything can make me feel better right now.

We walk silently to where Paul had told us to go previously. A stage hand comes up to us and tells us the usual crap about how when ‘What Makes You Beautiful’ plays we are to go onto the stage. Liam nods and thanks him for the rest of us.

I close my eyes and clamp my hand over my mouth as a wave of nausea fills me. I close my eyes, wishing it would go away. I manage to swallow it back and I reopen my eyes, thanking god that I didn’t have to run off and throw up yet again.

Zayn’s arm tightens around my waist and he asks me if I’m okay quietly. I nod and pull away from him, keeping my eyes downcast as I walk over to Harry, grabbing his hand and biting my lip. He doesn’t pull away so I guess he knows that we still have to act like nothing’s wrong. Like sensing my thoughts, Zayn starts to say something about how we should all just act normally. No one says anything but I can tell everyone agrees, except maybe Harry.

I glance up for a second before looking to the ground again as I instantly meet his emerald eyes which are filled with so much pain that I know is my fault. But I don’t know what else to do. I can’t tell him so I can’t even look at him without feeling guilty. I know I’ll have to eventually but… maybe I can hold it off for a while.

The sound of ‘What Makes You Beautiful’ starts to play and we all force painful but believable smiles onto our faces before heading onto the stage to face the screaming fans and the interviewer.

We sit down on the red couch, which is too small for five guys to sit on, causing me to be on half of Harry’s lap and for Niall to be curled up into my side. I throw my arm around both Harry and the leprechaun’s shoulders. Guilt hits me again as Niall purposely snuggles closer to me but I keep up my smile as the fans continue to scream.

The interviewer starts with the usual questions which Liam and Zayn mainly take care of while I play with Harry’s curls, trying to act as casual as I would be normally. But the sound of my name pulls me out of my act and I face the interviewer, who’s smiling at me.

“So Louis, the other night you were seen unconscious and being carried on a stretcher to an ambulance. Is it true you passed out after the signing?” ‘Well obviously. You just said I was unconscious.’ I think but I force myself not to roll my eyes as I shrug.

“Yeah, I passed out because I was over exhausted.” I lie easily and I feel Niall and Harry stiffen beside me, their eyes on my face but I make sure I make it convincing.

“So you’re better now?” The interviewer asks and I smile at him, letting out a chuckle.

“Yeah, I slept like all day yesterday and all last night.” I say and then the interview continues on. When it finishes I stand up and Harry wraps his arm around my waist and I force myself not to stiffen, knowing there are still about a hundred fans in the audience. We walk off stage then I step out of Harry’s arm before turning sharply and stalking down the hallway.

“Louis! Louis wait!” I hear Harry yell and I hear him running to catch up with me. When he grabs my arm I try to pull away but his grip is too tight. He turns me around and I’m forced to face him. As soon as I see him it’s like a part of me dies. His face is streaming with tears and his eyes are pleading me to tell him what’s wrong.

“Harry, don’t.” I whisper but he places his free hand on my cheek.

“Louis, listen to me; I love you. I love you so much and I-I need you. P-please stop pushing me away and just tell me what’s wrong.” He begs and I swallow, closing my eyes and shaking my head slowly. “Baby, whatever it is, I’m not going to go anywhere. I love you too much to even consider leaving. You need to stop thinking that. How many times do I have to tell you that I love you to make you believe me?” I let out a short, shaky breath. Damn Harry and his ability to read my thoughts. “It’s going to be okay.  Whatever it is we’ll work something--” He starts to say but I cut him off, my eyes opening as anger fills me.

“No. No it’s not going to be fucking okay, Harry. Everything is over. My life is over. Management’s going to drop me or I’m going to have to quit. Everything I have worked so hard for, for the past four years is over. My Dad is going to disown me so I can’t go back to Doncaster- you saw how he was when we came out; when he hears about this he’s going to throw me out of the house with his bare hands! I’m going to lose everything Harry! How is that going to be okay, Harry? Tell me that? How are you going to make this any better?” I yell and he looks startled, his green eyes wide as he stares at me but he pulls himself together in only a few seconds. A tear spills out of my eyes and I force my head out of his hands so I can look away from him.

“I’m not going anywhere, Louis. No matter what’s going on. I love you. Please just tell me and we’ll figure something out- together. I hate seeing you this upset and all I want to do is to at least try to make whatever is going on better and easier on you.” He says and grabs my hands, holding them in his tightly. He probably noticed that they’re shaking, hell my whole body is. I’m so scared right now. I’m pretty sure I’ve never been this terrified in my entire life. I’m scared that if I tell him he’ll leave me but I’m scared if I don’t and he finds out a different way that he’ll leave me because Harry hates liars. “Baby please.” Baby. My baby. I know I should calm myself down for his or her sake, knowing me freaking out can’t be good for it. I close my eyes, wondering how I can love something that is about to ruin everything. How can I still love my baby even if it’s about to tear me from my amazing life?

‘Because it’s yours and Harry’s baby. And he’s a good guy; he’s not to leave you if he knows you’re pregnant.’ A rational voice says inside my head and I swallow. ‘Harry loves you. He won’t leave you or his child. And he’ll love the baby too. Just trust him.’

“Lou, please.” Harry begs and I don’t open my eyes as I take a deep but shaky breath.

“I-I’m…” I trail off and freeze, not able to form the word that I need to say. One of Harry’s hand cups my cheek gently and my heart speeds up as he leans forward, our foreheads touching and his warm breath hits my face.

“You’re what, Louis?” He asks softly and I let out a shaky breath before whispering

 “I’m pregnant.” I open my eyes to look at Harry nervously and swallow when I see he’s as white as a ghost, staring at me, looking shocked. I don’t say anything and just bite my lip as his eyes dart down to my stomach then back up to my face before stepping backwards, his hands going up to his head to grip his hair. “Harry?” I ask in a whisper and his eyes look up to my face.

A/N: I just realised I had this saved and I had forgot about it… so, I hoped you liked it. :)