Chapter 7

Harry’s Perspective

To say I was surprised when Zayn punched me would be a massive understatement. For about three minutes afterwards, I kind of just lied there, staring up at my friend and I’m sure Liam and Niall did the same. None of us even moved until Louis got up and left so quickly I barely had time to push myself to my feet. The world had spun around me but someone’s hands quickly caught me then pulled me to a couch.

“Shit, mate; I didn’t mean to punch you this hard.” Zayn had said softly as he helped me sit on the couch.

“Louis?” I muttered and no one replied as no one followed him out of the room, as they were too caught up with me almost falling over to go after him.

That’s why we’re all sitting here at four in the morning, waiting for Louis to come back, none of us going to sleep. Liam made sure my nose wasn’t broken and a guilty looking Zayn apologized a few times and I accepted every time, just worried about Louis.

“You know what’s wrong with Louis.” Niall states abruptly and my head snaps up to face the blond, who’s staring at Zayn, who’s staring at the wall behind the TV.

“Zayn, what’s going on?” I ask but Zayn doesn’t reply. “Zayn!” I start to get angry; why did Louis tell Zayn what’s wrong but not me, his boyfriend?

“Come on, Z, we’re all worried about him. Can’t you tell us, please?” Liam says, looking at Zayn pleadingly. Zayn glances at him and his unreadable expression falters for a second before he looks away quickly from Liam’s pleading face.

“I promised Louis I wouldn’t tell any one anything.” He says quietly and I let out a frustrated gush of air through gritted teeth but before I can snap, Niall says

“But we’re worried about him, Zayn! It’s just us! Lou wouldn’t mind. He’d try to do the exact same thing if one of us ran out of the apartment at three in the morning.”

“And I know he wouldn’t usually mind if you told us if we were really worried about him.” Liam adds and Zayn shakes his head, not looking at any of us.

“He doesn’t want me to tell anybody. Especially you guys.” He says firmly and Niall and Liam’s faces show hurt while my anger only increases. Zayn’s lying, Louis would never not tell me something. We’ve always told each other everything. I open my mouth to argue with Zayn but he says something before I can. “And besides, I think if it should be him who tells you, not me.” I close my mouth and take a deep breath, reminding myself that getting angry won’t do anything. I let out a sigh and Zayn still doesn’t look at anyone as we fall into silence again.

Louis’ Perspective

I have no idea where I am but I don’t really care at the moment. I walk aimlessly further and further away from my car which is parked about fifteen minutes away now. I sigh heavily, knowing I should stop walking now and go and sit down before I get lost and can’t find my way back to my car. I look around and see a small children’s park then walk over to it, sitting down on the swings. I close my eyes, leaning my head against the cold chain as I think over the past day.

‘You’re pregnant’

My arms wrap themselves around my stomach and I reopen my eyes, staring forward but hardly seeing anything because it’s pitch black. Of course it is; it’s like four in the morning. I sigh to myself and swallow as I remember Zayn’s shocked face when I told him but he still hugged me. But not everyone’s going to accept this like he is.

Harry. How the hell am I going to tell him? How is he going to react?

I would like to think he would throw his arms around me and say he’s really happy and that he loves me, but I know that isn’t going to happen. This is going to ruin everything. If we thought the hate from being gay is bad, it’s going to get fifty times worse now. I can imagine how Simon and management are going to react. I know they’re going to drop me if I don’t get an abortion. But I can’t do that. I think it’s wrong, Mum has always told me that it’s wrong; it’s murder. It would be killing something that hasn’t even had the chance to live. And I know if I did that, I would never be able to get over it. I would drive my self crazy.

So I have to keep it, even if I lose my job and everything else. But Zayn was right though; I’ll still have the boys. I mean, we’ve said again and again that we’re always going to be there for each other, no matter what happens. I just really hope they meant that, because I did.

Niall, Liam and Zayn were fine when Harry and I said we wanted to come out to everyone. But I know that this is different. Being gay is one thing, but being pregnant to another guy is on a totally different level.

I exhale loudly before slowly standing up then heading back towards my car, my thoughts still on Harry, the band, the boys, my reputation, my baby…

‘You’re pregnant’

God, why won’t the doctor’s voice go away? Everything few minutes the reminder jumps into my head, reminding me that my life is over. Managements going to drop me, the boys will lose their jobs and I have no idea how Harry is going to react, so I might lose him as well.

At that thought, my lip quivers and I swallow thickly, biting down on my trembling lip, not wanting to start crying until I get in the car at least but knowing I will anyway. The thought of losing Harry is too terrifying, too horrible to even consider. I speed up my pace, tears filling my eyes as I start to jog even though I know I shouldn’t towards my car. Finally, after ten minutes I reach my car and slide in, just as a sob leaves my lips. I slam the door behind me as tears start to stream down my face and I tilt my head back, wrapping my arms tightly around myself, feeling more confused and lost then I have ever in my entire life.

When I finally stop crying enough to drive, I start to drive back to where I think I might have came from but I don’t really care where I end up at the moment. I drive aimlessly around, the occasional tear spilling down my cheek that I don’t have the energy to wipe away, until I reach a familiar street and I decide to drive home, even though I know the boys will be there and Zayn probably will still be awake. But I take a deep breath, knowing I have to go back at some point and deal with this. I don’t have to tell Harry straight away and Liam, Niall and Management won’t suspect anything until I… show or tell them.

I pull up in front of the complex and then slowly get out of the car, wiping my face with my hands but knowing that it’s a useless attempt to hide my tears, knowing I look like shit and there’s nothing I can do to change that. I walk inside and start to climb the stairs, choosing the long way so I can try to keep myself calm before I walk in there and face Zayn and most likely Harry.

When I reach the door to mine and Harry’s flat, I take a deep breath before opening the door then stepping in, hoping none of the boys hear me. But of course, they do and suddenly, I’m facing Liam, Niall, Zayn and Harry, all of them looking more worried than I have ever seen them before. I lower my eyes to the ground and we all just stand there for a few minutes, me too scared to move as all of the other boys stare at me, worry radiating off them.

“Lou” Harry whispers and I hear him step forward towards me and I swallow as his arms wrap around me. I don’t return the hug as I remember the thought of Harry leaving me, scrunching up my face in an attempt to stop myself from crying in front of all of the boys.

“It’s okay Louis. Whatever’s going on, we’ll help you.” Niall’s voice fills my ears and another set of arms wrap themselves around me, the follow by two more, but I stand there unresponsive, too terrified I might blurt it out and ruin everything. “I love you, Louis.” Niall says softly and I swallow thickly before pulling out of my friends’ arms, shaking my head and opening my eyes before pushing through them and rushing up to my room, closing the door behind me then sliding down onto the floor.