Chapter 9: Angel's Wrath

I woke up to a burst of light, Elijah's voice followed soon after. "My lady, Marquis Richardson wishes to see you in the drawing room."

"Yes F-...Elijah." I wasn't ready to accept the fact that he was my father. He of all demons. The demon that is going to devour my soul. If he knew I was his daughter, then why? Why make a contract with me?

"My lady, are you alright?" He waited patiently at the door. Snapping me out of my thoughts, I followed him to the drawing room. "Once it is over, then you will practice the piano, and then learn latin. After that you must have your fencing lesson. After fencing you will have a board meeting, then you will be free."

I stayed silent and we entered the room, "Marquis Richardson?"

He looked slightly shocked, "Zera?"

"Your business?" I asked.

"Well..." He began, looking regretful, I grew impatient. Vincent whispered to Hunter and then he shook his head, after a few hushed words, he spoke. "I regret to inform you that...Andrew's dead."

I froze. My best friend...dead? "H-how?" My voice cracked, tears began to fall.

"His throat was ripped out and...his body was ripped apart...his fiancee died as well." Hunter said, hesitation in his voice.

I felt light headed, I couldn't stay in the room, I had to go. "E=Elijah, lets go...we need to begin the piano lesson for today." I kept my head low, and began walking. I didn't wait for his response, but a hand gripped my wrist and I found it belonged to Hunter.

"Don't do anything you're going to regret." It was one of those rare moments where he showed weakness.

I left him with Elijah close behind me, I had an idea who did it. I entered the room with the grand piano and I sat down. Elijah looked at me and went into tutor mode, he seemed emotionless. Like a stone, cold and still, not feeling anything. "Today you will learn-,"

"Nothing...I want to play at my own pace," I said with a dull face. I played one key, F. I held that note. D E D, I paused. E, I held it for two beats then F again. B, C B and pause. I felt sick as I repeated it and I hit my head on the keys and it faded to black, the last thing I heard was Elijah yelling.

~♥~

Mother held me in her arms, she sang a soothing lullaby in a hushed voice, I didn't feel sick anymore, but I saw I wasn't at the manor. "Mother?" She hushed me and kept singing, I looked up at her and she looked worried.

"You gave me such a fright," Elijah's voice was broken, I looked at him. "How are you feeling?" Mother hushed him as well, rocking me back and forth.

I looked at myself and nearly jumped out of my mother's grasp I was a small child! "It's alright Zera." Mother said quietly and I stared at her.