Zera's First Christmas

Author's Note: Merry Christmas, I hope you enjoy this side story! A reminder, these stories have nothing to do with the actual storyline. I also want to clarify, these "First (Insert Holiday)" aren't actually her first, but these are the stories of her first time celebrating these holidays. Enjoy! Oh almost forgot, I have decided to put any artwork I will begin doing with Demon's Path in my Deviantart, my username is whigressthehedgehog

~♡~

She woke up she did not see Elijah anywhere and grew annoyed, she went to dress herself. Then searched the manor, “Elijah?” She called through the manor looking about. She growled looking around as she continued to look for her butler, but she noticed no one was in the manor. “Where is everyone?” She asked herself, growing impatient. “Hello?!” She called out. "Where the hell did they go?!" She growled.

She walked into the main ballroom, and she saw Hunter, Vincent, Elijah, and Aviana surrounding a Christmas tree decorationg it with presents at the bottom of it. She blinked, "What the hell is this?" She glared at all them.

"A Christmas tree Mistress." Elijah smiled.

"What the hell for?" She asked.

They all stood silent for a moment, "Christmas is right around the corner." Hunter replied.

"So what? That isn't important, do you have an event?" She looked at him.

"...Yes?" Hunter said questioningly.

"Do you. Or do you not?" Zera glared at him with irritation.

"Yes." He lied.

She rolled her eyes, "Fine. As soon as it's over, you take everything down."

"Alright."

She looked at Elijah, "Elijah come." She started walking away hearing Elijah footsteps behind her.

"M'lady, are you ready for the day to begin?" He asked catching up to her.

"I was waiting on you while you all were fooling around." Zera glared.

"My apologies m'lady." He replied unphased by his master's glare.

"Whatever." She kept walking, "What does today look like?"

"Mostly empty, it is Christmas m'lady."

"So?"

"No one wants to work on Christmas. Considering you are still young, most of your colleagues believed you would have preferred to spend Christmas away from work." Elijah explained.

"Idiots." She growled. "What is there today?"

"Only your piano lessons." Elijah replied.

"...That is it? My god, today will be hell..." Zera complained.

"I don't see why you are dreading today, after all, Marquis Richardson has the day off to prepare for the event he's holding."

"That's a lie, I would have honestly thought he would know by now that I know when he's lying. I just don't know what he's planning." She grumbled.

"Is that so?" Elijah pressed.

"What time is the lesson?" Zera asked.

"In an hour m'lady." He replied.

"Good, Avi-wait. Is she still with the tree?"

"Yes."

"...go get her. Be gentle with her." Zera ordered, getting more annoyed.

"Yes m'lady. I hope you will be going to see your tutor." He said as he left.

Zera rolled her eyes as she left to the study and sat at her desk, then looked out the window. "Why is Christmas so important to people? It's all about greedy people getting gifts." Zera scoffed, "I thought greed was a sin." She sighed, looking at the clock. An hour to kill time, what could I do? Then she decided to go to the kitchen, she could steal a cookie or two while waiting.

She took one step into the kitchen, and bumped into someone, "Hey!" She called and looked up, "Damn..." Elijah glared at her.

"No snacks for you until lunch after your lesson, m'lady."

"Ugh, what's the point?" Zera pouted.

"The point is for you to live as an average, healthy, aristocrat."

“I highly doubt I’ll be alive for much longer Elijah, so what is the point in living with caution when there isn’t very much time left? No matter what I’m a dead woman.” Zera said.

“You mustn't speak like that m’lady, your life is merely blooming as you age.” Elijah said guiding her to the piano room.

“You must be kidding.” Zera walked to the room, sitting at the piano. “Just get  Aviana.”

“Yes m’lady.” Elijah turned, and Vincent opened the door. “What is it Vincent?”

“The young mistress’ piano tutor, has called in she is unable to come in.” Vincent said.

“Oh? What a shame. Guess I’ll be going then.” Zera smiled innocently and ran out the door before Elijah could stop her. Zera then went to go see Hunter and find Aviana, “I think they’re still setting up that stupid tree.” She said quietly.

Zera then went into the room and found a few presents under the tree, “I thought there would be more for the children coming here.”

“Who said children were coming?” Hunter said, “I had Vincent and Elijah help so we could truly celebrate Christmas.”

“You’re kidding me.” Zera glared. “Tear. This. Down.”

“How rude m’lady.” Elijah said.

“I don’t want to see this.”  Zera said, and left the room.

"Wait!" Hunter said grabbing her arm.

"What?" Zera spat.

"Please..just...at least open this?" Hunter asked holding a present with purple wrapping paper and a black bow.

She stood there for a moment, "No." With that she walked away leaving Hunter there sadly with the present still in his hand.