~7~

Daryl's P.O.V 

I woke up in the morning to someone wrapping their arms around my torso. I was about to push them away when I realized it was only Eden. It still shocked me that she was alive and was now in my arms, asleep. I kissed her head and laid down for a few more minutes and listened to her quiet heartbeat and shallow breathing.

"you up, Daryl," Merle whispered.

"Yea, I'm just letting Eden sleep a little longer. I can't really get up since she's wrapped around me, and actually...I...I don't want to get up."

"Don't get sappy on me now, Darlina!"

"Shut up, Merle. I just got her back, and I don't want to leave her just yet."

"come on, Daryl, it's time to get up and get some answers out of that kid."

I nodded, lifted her arms off my torso, and kissed her head while lightly shaking her awake, whispering in her ear.

"Come on, Eden, it's time to get up."

she moaned and turned into my arms, and kissed my chest. I sucked in a breath, slowly let it out, and tried again.

"Eden comes on. Please get up."

she opened her eyes slowly and smiled when she saw me. "Hey, Daryl...I thought it was just a dream that I had found you again."

"then why didn't you wake up to make sure."

"Because if it was just a dream, I wanted to sleep for as long as I could"

I smiled and kissed her lips. "I have to go and question the kid. I want you with me because I'm afraid Shane will try something with you."

"Alright, Dar"

"and Eden, where are your brothers?"

"at this campsite near a quarry, I had gone out to hunt and lost my way."

"I'll ask Rick to go out and see if they are still there. I always told you, you were too light on your feet."

"Shut up, and thank you, Dar."

I smiled and helped her up while Merle changed his shirt, and I changed mine. Eden just sat there and waited. I noticed that her shirt was covered in dry blood and sweet. I grabbed one of my flannel and handed it to her. she smiled and asked me why I was giving her my shirt. I told her she needed something cleaner, and I wasn't about to let her wear Merle's or anyone else's. she turned around and slipped off her tan tank top and pulled my shirt over her shoulders, and buttoned it up. she turned around and started pulling on her hiking boots. I was too mesmerized to look away; she looked super sexy in my shirt. I slipped on my shirt quickly and my boots and stepped out. I leaned against a tree, waiting for Eden to come out. Once she did, she came straight over to me and smiled widely.

"Daryl, can I ask you a question?"

"you just did."

"shut up," she said with a slight giggle and then became serious again. she leaned against the other side of the tree and looked up at me.

"What are we? Me and you?"

I gave a shy smile. "I was kinda hopin you were my girlfriend."

she smiled and got onto her tippy toes, and kissed my lips. It was just as good as when we first kissed yesterday but even better because we could enjoy it this time. I wrapped my arms around her waist and deepened the kiss a bit. I didn't want this to end, but apparently, someone else did.

"Daryl, you going to question the damn kid, or do I have to be the man and do it."

Eden growled, and I knew she, too, knew who it was. Shane.

"I'm going, ya stupid prick. Give me a damn minute."

"stop playing tonsil hockey with your damn southern belle, and let's get it done."

Eden growled again and turned to face Shane with a look of pure hate. I stayed perfectly still and waited to hear what she would say.

"Shut your damn mouth, Shane. I have only known you for about a day, not even that long, and your already pissing me off. I suggest you watch it, or I'll kick your ass. He and I are going to question the kid. You can go and flirt with that blonde chick if you can even do that, you dickless soith."

Shane looked at her, confused at the last word she said, and I just laughed because she had just called him a bitch in Gaelic. I smiled and took her hand, leading her towards the shed where that boy was.

"Wait!!! What in the hell did you call me!?"

"She called you a Soith. Don't ask what it is because I'm not telling you."

"The fuck!"

"Dúirt sí go bhfuil tú soith asal balbh" I learned Gaelic from Eden and her brothers. They taught me so when we were at the bar, and one of us needed help, we could ask for it without raising alarm to whoever was nearby.

"Did the redneck just speak another language?"

"Better believe it."

I grabbed Eden's hand, walked with her into the shed where the boy was, and locked the door. I give Eden a reassuring smile and grab my knife. Merle stood off to the side giving me a nod to continue. 

"So.....you can tell me about your group willingly, or I can beat the shit out of ya to get what I want to know?"

***************************************

Soith = Bitch

Dúirt sí go bhfuil tú soith asal balbh = she said you're a bitch dumb ass