The Ersatz Elevator Part One

♪ Look away, look away ♪
♪ This show will wreck your evening your whole life and your day ♪
♪ Every single episode is nothing but dismay ♪
♪ So look away Look away, look away ♪

♪ Y/N and the Baudelaires are taken in by people who are rich,♪
♪ But Olaf has a plan that's going off without a hitch,♪
♪ It's a race against the clock to rescue their two kidnapped friends,♪
♪ You'll need rescuing yourself before this grim tale ends♪

 ♪ Just look away, look away ♪
♪ There's nothing but horror and inconvenience on the way ♪
♪ Ask any stable person "Should I watch?" and they will say ♪
♪ Look away, look away, look away ♪
♪ Look away, look away ♪

Lemony Snicket's POV

This fanfiction chapter  you are about to read, assuming your eyes are open and tilted towards me, figuratively,  is a story which can teach you the difference between the word "nervous" and the word "anxious."

The word "nervous" means "worried about something." The way you might feel if you were served prune ice cream, because you'd be worried it would taste awful.

"Anxious," on the other hand, means "troubled by disturbing suspense." The way you might feel
if you were served a live alligator, because you'd be troubled by the suspense of whether you would eat your dessert or it would eat you.

If you are thinking about the story
of Y/N and the Baudelaire orphans, you might feel nervous because you do not know how it ends. But if you are viewing this story, you will be anxious and troubled by the disturbing suspense in which they find themselves hopelessly trapped.

Y/N's POV

The Baudelaires and I were filed in Mr. Poe's car. The Baudelaires were still in their uniforms and  was still in the dress. I never got to say goodbye to Kirsten and the others and I felt bad.
"Now, children, I know you must be nervous. I was a little nervous trying to find you a new guardian, given your previous track record. But never fear. This is a very fashionable block. Much more fashionable than where you lived, even though it's a few blocks away," said Mr. Poe as he stopped the car. 
"We're not concerned with how fashionable it is," said Violet.
"We're more than nervous, Mr. Poe," said Klaus. 
"We're anxious," I interjected. 
"Our friends have been kidnapped by Olaf," said Klaus. 
"Yes, the Quagmire twins," said Poe. 
"Triplets," Violet and  corrected. 
"There's only two of them," said Poe. 
"Quigley Quagmire died in a fire. Just like my brother did," I said. 
"Then there's no need to worry about him. As for the other two Dennis and Iphigenia..."
"Duncan and Isadora,"  I corrected.  
"Do you know what that is, children?" Poe asked as a police car drove passed us. 
"A police car?" Klaus answered. 
"A citywide manhunt to apprehend Olaf and rescue your friends," said Mr. Poe before we got out of the car. Klaus helped me out since the poofiness of my dress.  I felt kind of awkward because I was all poofy and fancy and the Baudelaires were wearing their uniforms and everything else around me was bland and 
"We at Mulctuary Money Management are co-sponsoring every effort to bring this ghastly villain to justice. Look at the wanted posters we had pasted up all over town," Mr. Poe said as we started to walk down the sidewalk. 
"You can't see them. The trees are blocking the light," said Klaus.
"Trust me. It's a good likeness of a very bad person. Once I have dropped you at this apartment where old friends of your parents have promised to be your guardians, I'm taking a lengthy helicopter ride to search for the Quagmires using the binoculars my wife gave me as an anniversary present. Now, let's see..." Mr. Poe trailed as he started to go out in the middle of the street. Violet placed Sunny down. 
"Has anyone seen the numbers 667? It should be somewhere on this block," Mr. Poe said as he walked blindly right in front of the building that had the numbers 667 labeled on top of the entrance. 
"Another mysterious set of our parents' friends," said Klaus.
"Who we've never met," said Violet right before we watched Mr. Poe walk right into a pole, causing him to squeal. I did my best to hold in my laugh, causing me to snort. 
"Found the building. It's right next to this lamppost I just ran into," Poe said as he started to wipe the blood off of his nose.