The Wide Window Part 1

♪ Look away, look away ♪
♪ This show will wreck your evening
Your whole life and your day ♪
♪ Every single episode
Is nothing but dismay ♪
♪ So look away
Look away, look away ♪
♪ Y/N and the Baudelaires new guardian is racked with fear and panic  ♪
♪ They end up on a boat that might as well be the Titanic ♪
♪ We polled a bunch of adults 99% agree ♪
♪ There must be something happier on screen for you to see ♪
♪ Just look away, look away ♪
♪ There's nothing but horror
And inconvenience on the way ♪
♪ Ask any stable person "Should I watch?"
And they will say ♪
♪ Look away, look away, look away ♪
♪ Look away, look away ♪
♪ Look away, look away ♪

♪ Look away, look away ♪♪ Look away, look away ♪♪ This show will wreck your eveningYour whole life and your day ♪♪ Every single episodeIs nothing but dismay ♪♪ So look awayLook away, look away ♪♪ Y/N and the Baudelaires new guardian is racked with...

                                                                      (this is what you're wearing)

3rd Person POV

Two Interviewers from Lachrymos News are at a table in front of a table, doing an interview. 
"Good evening, and welcome to Lachrymose News, where things that are happening keep happening until they stop. Not unlike the plight of the Baudelaire orphans, whom, viewers will recall, lost their parents and their home in a terrible fire. With the latest update on their dire plight is our co-anchor Vincent Fig Demetrios. Vincent?" said the man.
"Thanks, Veronica," said the woman before continuing. "Viewers will recall that following the fire, the Baudelaires were sent to live with Count Olaf, a villainous actor and an active villain who has vowed repeatedly that he will stop at nothing to get his hands on the enormous fortune the Baudelaire parents left behind. And we have just received that Count Olaf has been hiding a child in his home for over a year after her family perished in a fire almost exactly a year before the Baudelaire fire. She first answered to the name of Kitty, but now she only wishes to be called by her real first name, Y/N. Y/N recalls having no memory before the fire and that she doesn't remember who her family was or remember her last name. Let's hope that one day she will hit her head hard enough to remember her true identity, which may destroy everything Count Olaf set out to do."
"Let's hope so, Vincent," said the man. "Coming up next, some very nice people were poisoned. But first, the weather."

Lemony Snicket's POV

If the story of Y/N and  Baudelaire orphans were a weather report, there would be hardly any sunshine to be seen.
Instead, there would be cloudbursts of unhappiness. Blizzards of despair. Misery in the form of sleet storms. Various cold fronts of terror. Horror. Attacks of allergies.
Not to mention the threat of a devastating hurricane lurking just off the map. If you didn't know about Y/N and the Baudelaire orphans' unfortunate history and you saw them disembark from the Fickle Ferry and arrive at Damocles Dock, you might think they were bound for an exciting adventure.

But you would be dead wrong. My name is Lemony Snicket. It's my sad duty...to tell the tale of Y/N and the Baudelaires' tragic lives.

But you likely have no such responsibilities...And should escape from this sad story...before another storm of melancholy engulfs you in dampness and misery.