chapter 4

Chapter Four ♥ a long overdue update ♥

When I was younger the world was much different from it is now. The gumdrops and sugar canes were not laced with sweetness that would linger on your tongue, instead bubbling green goo monsters that would stagger about puking the second they see you. The trail they'd leave would bubble, gasping and moaning like it was pained not to have a host. When they were close, their hands would reach out to pull you in to a huge disgusting, sloppy kiss. In conclusion, it was very gross.

Although there is a numerous of new people in Ooo is really takes me back when it was just the two of us.

=+=+=

"Wait up, I'm not as young as I think.." A breathless voice came from behind me. I pause for a second on a slanted park bench and jump to the nearest opening of the ground. The man caught up before doubling over and took in the ashy air. "You know, you're getting pretty fast, how am I supposed to catch up?"

" 'Dunno, run with me?" I say, stomping a few rusty nails in to the ground. He chuckles and comes to swoop me in his arms, saying that if he ran he soon too would be like the rusty nails being stomped on. I reminded him he wasn't a nail so that wouldn't be true, but he just laughed a little louder saying it was a joke. I pull myself on to his shoulders after he announces the ground is pretty uneven from the bent signs that laid upon it. "Ahoy Captain Simon, what kind of booty are we looking for today?" I make some binoculars with my hands and look around us.

"I shouldn't have told you the pirate stories I used to read as a kid, but it seems lass we move forward to a new city with new 'booty'." He takes his hands off my legs and wiggles his fingers before grabbing my legs again to hoist me upwards. The scenery is the usual, some of the buildings are slanted and you could hear them moan from a great distance. Simon squints his eyes and shields them with one hand, "Seems we did in fact hit land."

"That's kinda mean to hit the land."

"I'm joking Marcy, we're not beating up the land."

"You never know ! We're pretty much kicking it right now with each step !"

=+=+=
When we arrived to the city there wasnt much evidence it was at one point heavily populated. Buildings were slanted and the windows were blown out. Simon walks forward and takes a sweep around the empty buildings. There wasn't much.

"Alright, so, this store looks promising, could you help me pry this door open?"

Simon grabs on to the lock and chain, pulling hard. "It's not rusted enough but.." He proceeds to push against the door with his shoulder. The handle falls off, the chains follow close behind. I shoot a thumbs up and push open the doors to allow us in. Like I thought, there wasn't much but items like key chains or photos of the buildings that spotted the town.

Simon took to the left and I took to the right promising if something happens to call for each other.
I shuffle through some wrappers and slips of paper with numbers on the front. Passing by some gooey creatures that seemed to had gotten themselves in a predicament leading to their own death.

I continue to walk around the store and a high pitch noise fills the room. The door beside me has a shadow in the room, maybe Simon found something. I push open the door, "Simon?". It was not Simon. A figure rose and look towards me, spitting green goo all over itself. It stumbles foward towards me slamming items to the ground. One item opens and sparks. I eye it and try to get out of the monsters way but it grabs my shoulder. The goo bubbles out of its mouth and spray the sparks. The sparks ignited the room in a green haze.

The flames erupts against the dead candy corpses and climb the walls, eating up posters with these people holding drinks. Their faces change from smiles to grim stares. The monsters arm melted off my shoulder and screeched in the darkness.

I stagger forward reeling from the smoke, there was no sign of Simon and I feel sick. What happens if he doesn't find me? Or he is lost and I can't find him? I can't stay for long as I hear a gasping moan behind me, I lurch forward away from the sound and knock over a old rack. Old postcards spill out on the grimy tile floor, various of "greetings from:" mock me. There was a grunt and the bubbling goo monster stumbles over the rack and caught itself on a metal bar. It let out a bubbling groan as the bar seeped further in to its midsection.

Before I could think of the monsters demise, I pull myself upward and turn toward the fire as it starts to crawl up the walls. My legs shake and I see a another figure come out of the flames, their body is melting and it has a surprised look on their face. Before the light illuminated their face something grabbed my waist and pulled me out of the smoke.

"Simon, where were.. . you?" I let out a bubbling sob. "We're a team, the dynamic duo from the stories, we can't leave each other, not again. ." I looked up at the now broken man, he rubbed his eyes and lowered down to the ground.

"I am trying to protect you. Sometimes you need to protect yourself when others are not around." Simon fidgeted, his hand gently touching the crown that hung on his side. "I.. . Marcy, I would never leave you and if I did - it would have to be with protecting you."

Simon holds me in his arms and sighs, "It was never your fault Marcy." I buried my head in to his jacket and nodded, "I know.. . ."

Over his shoulder, there is a eroding figure crumbling before my eyes. They fall to their knees and point at me. The wind caught their voice but I managed to make it out.

"Science. .."

=+=+=

I pull myself forward in the cell, fixing my hair and press my face against the bars. "Hey banana nut mush, when's my trial?" The banana guard shifted his weight and dug his staff deeper in the dirt. He turned towards the second one that seemed to be using the staff for a different reason.
"Hhey.. man can you do something with her she's kinda making me feel uncomfortable dude."

"Nah man.. I did that last time, it's definitely your turn." The second banana guard mumbles and side eyes me making sure I was still there. It's not like I could squeeze through the bars that are too far apart. I count the bars, there was at least three. I grab my hair at both sides and groan loud enough to realize my stupid mistake. Surely I could have squeezed out of the bars at any time, I was too caught up in my awaiting trial and banana guard gossip. How could I get the guards out of the room?

"Heyy.. . I think I'm gonna be sick," I mutter reaching out for the nearest guard. "Can you get me a bucket or something?" The guard reeled backwards, slamming in to the other one.

"I don't wanna get vampire cooties man, It's definitely not my turn for this one."

"T- There's vampire cooties?" The other one said, gripping his staff tighter.

"Yeah.. It's pretty dangerous, and highly contagious for banana people. But you guys are fine... right?" I cough a little and I see the yellow flush out of their faces. Neither of them spoke as they ran up the stairs to the main ball room giving me enough time to make my way through these 'thick' bars.

After all this time awaiting my trial i never thought what I needed to do if I got out. I started to climb the stairs that the banana guards ran up moments ago.

When I reached the top of the stairs I had to think, certainly there would be guards ready to escort me straight to the candy court. I had to go to my house, there I might find the answer to my innocence.

Hopefully this is long enough for how many months I've been gone for. Thanks to all that have been asking for me to continue !!