Chapter One

Chapter One ♥

 ♥♥♥

Pulling my bass over my head I let out a sigh. Today was the day, I would reach out beyond my house for another look at Ooo. Just this time the look wouldn't be as pretty. My mind is having second thoughts. Why? Why should I? I will be shunned and I am better off staying indoors. But Finn and Jake will be there, and so will everyone else. Even Bonnie. She won't be the one watching though.

   Oh lump, I can't. My legs feel weak and unsupported. I push the door open and take a step outside. Bonnie wouldn't want this. The caves shadows stretch across my face and I feel uncomfortable. It feels like the Fire Kingdoms volcanoes have erupted with anger and thousands of hot rocks land on me.

   I swallow down the little amount of courage I have redeemed in the past few days. The steps of my house creak and moan each step I take. The noise reverberates through-out the cave, then escapes out the entrance like a unsettling mist. I pull the hat down closer over my face and continue to the end of the cave. The shadows and the light claw at each other. It forms sharp points on both sides.

      Closing my eyes, my feet lift off the ground and I make the journey to the Candy Kingdom.

 ♥♥♥

   "I'm sorry but you cannot enter." Peppermint Butler says sternly.

   "I was allowed last time." I bark in his face.

    "I do believe what had happened last time, which has cause this mess in the kingdom, would be a perfect example why you shouldn't be invited inside. Now I do say again - Leave!" His white eyes narrow. 

    "Look, I'm getting in either way," I say in a low hiss. Peppermint Butler sighs.

    "You may go in, the princess would have wanted it that way, but she's not here is she?"  He knew. They all knew. I close my eyes and take a deep breath of the air. 

    "Thank you," I force out of my mouth with a smile. He takes a step to the side and allows me to pass him.

     My bass grows heavier with each step towards the gardens, I knew I would have time there before everything went chaotic. Since Lemongrab had his own kingdom, whether or not who would take over. Surely that was a small problem after the accident. The candy people were scared, frightened of their future. Frightened of me.

      I round the corner and the gardens sit frozen in time. The trees and the bushes sway unevenly. I guide myself over towards the swing Taking a seat I pull the bass off from my back and place it beside me. The umbrella twirls in my hands, back and forth, repeating.

     Bonnie and I sat here from time to time. She called it very peaceful and quiet just for the both of us. I strum a few chords on my bass and try to let go for a short amount of time.

 ♥♥

I won't pretend but in the end

You didn't wanna see me aga… ain…

I thought that day would never come

When we went our sep-

 ♥♥

    I caught eyes with Finn. 

"Uh, M-Marcy, I..." He stammers.  

"Were you watching me?"

His eyes fall to the ground, "Look Marcy, I'm sorry I didn't think anyone was here."

  "It's okay, I guess. I was hoping to be alone actually."

   Finn bites his lip. "I can go if you want."

   "No, no, its fine..." I say, placing the bass against the bench. Finn takes a seat next to me on the swing. His feet hover a bit off the ground, and we sit in uneasy silence.

 ♥♥

"Marcy, I know how you feel." He says, fixing his hat after a long pause.

"Do you though?" My face flushes red, "Do you think you know how I feel about this? I already lost one person and I can't believe I lost another. All because of me."

"It's not your fault." He says, turning his attention to me. 

"Yes, yes it's my fault." I choke, "All my fault all of this." I bury my face in my hands and let the darkness fall over me.

"Marcy, please," He says softly.

I can't get any words out, the words get caught in my throat. Finn rocks the swing a little before getting up. He whispers a small goodbye Marceline.

I'm not ready to except Bonnie, not yet, that you're gone.

 ----------------------------

Thanks to Jess!! 

xoxoxo Thanks for reading!!

Comment, vote, and tell me how much you love me. It's all the same!!