Chapter Three

Chapter Three ♥

Lock me away like the moon and the night.

Hold me like a captive till the light.

I'll take you to new places far from sight.

Release me princess and soon join the night.

The past was quiet and dim, like the opening at the drive-in theater. There was sharp clicking and the scene was set.

 I enter her bedroom though her open window, to see her dressed in her usual night time attire. Bonnie yawned loudly and took a side-glance towards the window I usually come though at night. I hold back a snicker and come close enough to her ear.

"I heard you're feeling pretty dangerous lately. Care to share Bonnie?" I say, twirling a piece of pink hair between my fingers. She acted surprised, she knew I was coming.

"When did you get in here? I'm doing secret science things, uh, see!" Bonnie picked up a pencil and scribbled down some numbers on a piece of paper. She stuck her tongue out as if she was hard at work. When she was done she covered the papers and concluded the answer was in fact "Nothing!". 

"Oh please, first off your window is wide open, and you're sooo not doing science stuff. Let me see that!" I swipe the paper from under her arms. She frantically tried to grab it back, bickering. "You got my hair all wrong, its suppose to whoosh! not blah!" I erase the scribbled threes that formed my hair and fixed it. "A masterpiece!" I kiss the top of her head.

"Okay you got me. Take me away Queen of Night; who told you? Was it you Science?" Bonnie picked up the candy-corn colored mouse from her cage. Science squeaked and buried her head in to Bonnie's palm. 

I loved to trick her in to thinking that someone tattled on her princess duties. In fact it was always me, spying on her nightly studies. She could never keep that window closed. Maybe she enjoyed the company.

"Yes, oh yes, I am being dangerous enough to mix two powerful chemicals soon. Maybe next week or a month from now, you never know." She let out a small laugh and started to wink. She wouldn't stop winking, she needed to stop or she's going to wink herself out.

"Will you stay safe, do you need me there?" I say, showing of my muscles.

"I promise." She smiled and leaned in for a kiss. 

This is real.

This is not real.

This is a dream.

I was awoken to the sound of soft squishing footsteps against the wooden stairs. Another banana guard coming to check in on me. 

 "What is this silly thing? Is this some sort of magical instrument? Kinda lame." The guard says, picking up my bass. It was propped up against one of the roots in the Candy Kingdom prison. It looked pretty dirty from the tangled mess in the rooms. And when did the Banana Guards become so sarcastic, and a lot smarter then following their orders? Probably since the incident...

He pulls heavily on the A string, hard enough to snap the string in half. 

"That's my ax bass, you idiotic piece of candy. Hand it over here before you break it beyond repair." I reach out my hands  in desperation to grab it back. I was short a few feet and let my arms fall.

"You said it yourself, it's an ax which is a weapon," He says with his head held high, more of a cocky manner. "It's pretty sharp, is this the murder weapon? It is!"

I push my face against the bars and hiss at the guard. It hasn't been used as a weapon since my father. "Listen, can I please have it. It was safe in my house before you people raided it."

The amount of pain and sadness I have experienced though out this ordeal was enough to stop me from hurting another person. I didn't want to keep hurting the people I love or be extremely annoyed with. I hold out on trying to get my way and sigh.

"No." He says, putting it further away from the cell than before. He lifted his spear and slammed it in to the dirt floor. "Your food will be on the way." He states before heading back up the stone stairs.

I haven't seen Finn here for awhile. Maybe Jake and him are not allowed down here to tell me what their planning to do with me. I hope at least one of them is feeding Schwable. Taking care of the house. Maybe the kingdom raided my house and took my dog as a suspect. Maybe Schwable was hiding somewhere under the covers. Like a tarp of some sort...

"Schwable did she kill her?" And Schwable would bark and I'm guilty.

I let out a long sigh. If Bonnibel was here she would know what to do. If she was here, none of this would be happening, we could've finished her science project. Maybe we still could.

Sneak Peek!!  has been changed O:

I have never realized the amount of love I have receive for this fan fiction. Thank you all for the overwhelming support, and I love you all!! I apologize for the long waits between the chapters, I just get side tracked ;o;

//smooches - grace