Sailing With The Crew

(Jayden's POV)
In the dawn of the morning, Adam and I left the docks to find Jack. We looked around the dock to see Jack being slapped again by another woman, (Why am I not surprised?) "You stole my boat!" She shouted angrily "Actually-" she slapped him again "borrowed. Borrowed without permission. But with every intention of bringing it back to you." I let out a soft snicker at the encounter it was a bit cruel of me, but Jack probably deserved it. "But you didn't!" "You'll get another one," Jack said trying to calm her down, she pointed her forefinger at him and said with spite. "I will."
"A better one." "A better one!" She looked skeptical and if we were to leave soon we would need to persuade her.

"You can have our ship." I said stepping in, "What ship Jack doesn't have any ship!" "Not entirely true, that one." I said pointing to the Interceptor "What one? Why that one?!" I gave him a death glare only he could see through my hood. "Aye, that one. What say you?" "Aye!" The crew said boarding the ship. "No, no, no, no, no, it's frightful bad luck to bring a woman aboard, sir." "It'd be far worse not to have her."

Just as he and Will were boarding the ship I stopped him grabbing his arm. "Jack a word please." "Sure! On the ship." He said walking off, I ran up in front of him. "In private Jack." I felt eyes on my back and turned around to see Will who gave me an unreadable expression and walked off onto the ship. Jack and I walked back onto the deck as I brought Adam out who's appearance was concealed. "This is an old friend of mine. He needs passage and he's coming with us." "Jayden, we cannot and shall not take any detours." "I know Jack but we don't need too, our route to the Black Pearl should pass where he needs to be brought. I'm not asking for you permission, but I am asking you to assist me in keeping the crew from questioning who he is." I said he gave me a small nod as he went back into the ship.

"Are we not getting on with Jack?" Adam asked "No, if you are to travel discreetly, the crew can't know about you. We're gonna sneak on." "What about our cloaks? They create too much drag." "No, we are stealing a small rowboat from over there," I said pointing to the other side of the dock. We ran across the deck as the Interceptor left, sailing out to the sea. We rowed after the ship before it started traveling to fast. I threw up a grappling hook that attached the railing of the back of the ship. Adam and I started to climb up sneaking on board, I stood on the deck and relaxed the hook and threw it in the ocean. "In here" I said, brought him to the small cabin, and as we went in, I locked the door behind us. I used my foot to tap on the wooden floor, trying to find the loose panel into the secret cabin I had found.

"Ahh! Here it is." I gave Adam a hand down as I passed him some blankets, a pillow, some small candle lights, and some biscuits, I had found during my time on the ship. "Here, something to pass the time." "The Great Mirror of Folly: Finance, Culture, and the Crash of 1720, by William N. Goetzmann. What is this book for?" Adam asked "It's a unique and lavish record of the financial crisis and its cultural dimensions in Europe." "Why though?" "So you can at least do something while you're down there. You can never know to much kid." I laid the disguised wooden latch down leaving Adam out of sight. If someone was to come in they would only see a dark Bercy wooden floor, unaware of the stowaway just beneath their very own feet.

I heard the sound of thunder and went back up to the dock, to see that there was a storm. "How can we sail to an island that nobody can find with a compass that doesn't work?" Will yelled "Aye, the compass doesn't point north but we're not trying to find north, are we? We should drop canvas, sir!" I ran up to the top deck where the wheel was and grabbed Jack's arm, trying to keep balance. "She can hold a bit longer." He said to Jack "What's in your head that's put you in such a fine mood, Captain?" "We're catching up. And where have you been young missy?" He questioned me "In the cabin." "That all I'm gonna get?" Jack asked "Seems like it shall be so."

It was now the morning while I stood overlooking the sea. It felt like it had been years since I've had this feeling, the wind in my hair and the brisk sharp air from the breeze, softened by the mist of the ocean. I took off my hood as I started hearing gasps and whispers, but one voice stood out more than the others, "How is it that Jack came by that compass?" Will asked I listened to their conversation, I decided to walk over to them and listen in with their permission. I looked up to Will who was glaring me, while I gave him a questioning look. "He roped a couple of sea turtles?" Will asked turning his attention to Mr. Gibbs "Aye, sea turtles." "What did he use for rope?" Jack came up behind us and said "Human hair, from my back." Jack said I watched as Will gave me one more awkward look and walked off somewhere.