December 18th

Thursday December 18th

01.13pm

I was up to my ears in paper bags. After agreeing to a major baking session with Parker we had dug out recipes that we were going to use, and then we had to figure out how much we'd need of each ingredient before heading off to the store. 

We might have gone a little overboard.

"The more the merrier?" Parker questioned, sounding a little hopeful.

I could only laugh. "Sure."

Kicking off our shoes we carried everything into the kitchen.

"Your parents are good with this?" 

"Yeah, absolutely," I told him. "Mom works part time so she won't be back for a few hours, and dad won't be home until tonight. Penny has another snow day so she'll be around."

He started unpacking the bags, lining all the ingredients up on the counter. "I like your sister, she's sweet."

"She loves you," I told him, making him look at me with a confused look. "I think if you'd come around often enough she'd want to marry you."

"Too bad I'm taken," Parker winked and pecked me swiftly on the lips before taking the paper bag out of my hands.

We continued to walk around each other as I fetched things from the cupboards, there would be a stroke of hands here and a kiss there, whenever we passed by each other. The whole ordeal was playful and natural, and when I was mixing the cookie dough Parker came and stood behind me, wrapping his arms around my waist and resting his head on my shoulder.

I dipped my finger into the dough and dug up a tiny piece which I held up for him to eat. Parker guided my finger to his mouth and removed the piece, his teeth grazing my skin in the process making me shiver. Tilting my head to the side I kissed him as deeply as I could in my current position, and it made me weak at the knees.

Parker smiled against my mouth and gave me a quick final kiss before going back to making the table ready for the gingerbread baking. Penny had kindly declined the whole baking process and had told us to call her down when it was time to make the gingerbread men. I would've argued with her if not for the fact that this arrangement gave me more alone time with Parker. It was a win-win.

When the cookies were in the oven and the timer was set I shouted Penny's name and she was there in record time.

"Is it time yet?"

"No, actually I just wanted to know if you could go down and get my phone from my room." Penny stared at me in shock and I grinned wide, "I'm kidding."

"Idiot," she mumbled and sat down by the table.

I kissed the top of her head and put some gingerbread dough in front of her, "I have my moments."

We all sat down by the table and made different shapes with the dough, gingerbread men, women, trees, animals and several shapes that were unidentifiable. Although I had my suspicions that Penny was eating more dough than she was actually shaping, bet she'd regret it when the stomach ache kicked in.

When the timer went off I left the two of them to their business and went to take the tray of cookies out of the oven and set the other tray in. It smelled divine and I was pleased to see that neither cookie carried a single hint of being burned, that had to be a first for me. Parker must've seen my obvious surprise because he came up to me and hugged me from behind. He'd been doing that a lot today, but I wasn't even close to being sick of it.