December 14th

Sunday December 14th

1.47pm

We'd agreed to meet outside of Pleym, simply because it was more convenient this way, and also because I didn't want to give my parents an excuse to meet Parker. At least not yet, or maybe ever. Call me greedy, but if I was the only one who could spend time with him before he left then that was just fine with me.

I was kind of dreading having to stand in the street and wait for him, considering it'd be in the spot I'd almost fled when seeing him two nights ago. Even I, with my extremely elaborate thought process, couldn't justify that particular lapse in sanity.

Fortunately though I was speared from that possible scenario as Parker was already there when I arrived, even though I was five minutes early. Any doubts or panic I'd had evaporated the moment he noticed my arrival and a grin lit up his face, causing me to smile as well. It wasn't even on purpose, just a reflex, a natural response to his presence.

And just like that all my worries disappeared.

"Hey!" I beamed at him and Parker leaned in and hugged me as he greeted me back.

"You ready to be enabled?"

"Is it really enabling when I'm completely aware that it's going on?"

Parker laid a hand around my shoulder and began walking, I easily fell into a matching pace as I tilted my head to look at his face, awaiting his response.

His eyes shone as he met my gaze. "Let me rephrase, are you ready to me amazed?"

I put a finger to my chin and pretended to mull it over. "Yes," I told him, a chuckle escaping me, "I'm ready to be amazed." I deliberately did not tell him that it was hard to be disappointed while being around him; I saw no need to chase the guy away once he was at my side.

Parker took the lead as we walked towards the square, even though I knew exactly were it was, I just didn't frequent it very often. I had to pause and take it all in as we entered the center of town.

It was like entering a new town inside the one we were already in. Wooden booths were meticulously placed all around the square; two and two faced across from each other, forming rows of tiny wooden houses, they were back to back with other booths which formed their own rows, and like that it continued. And they were all centered around an enormous spruce tree that was placed in the middle of the square.

Each booth had a different purpose behind it, but the exterior was all the same; brown wood with green roofs. Some had blankets and tiny carpets in sheep wool, others had signs that advertised hot beverages. There was candy, ceramics, baked goods, homemade Christmas decorations, fairy lights, small glass sculptures, and that was just the things I saw from where I stood.

"How did I not know about this?" I was shellshocked. Was I that much of a recluse that this had completely passed me by? Apparently.

Parker chuckled and squeezed me tighter for a fraction of a second before saying, "I honestly don't know, but I'm sort of glad you didn't. We can experience for the first time together. Come on!"

He took hold of my hand and walked forward into the masses of people, we weren't the only ones here today to experience this.

I was in awe. I had entered a completely different universe; everyone was nice and forthcoming, wishing each other a merry Christmas as well as a good day while offering up free samples, or just smiling and waving at people passing by.

"It's beautiful," I breathed and then turned to grin at Parker. "It's perfect!"

"Couldn't agree more," he responded with a wink and began steering us between different booths. The counters were filled to the brim with whatever the person was selling, but what was a common factor was that the sellers didn't belong to any companies. The things they were selling was mostly one of a kind as it was something they'd created on their own, which only made the experience that much more special.