Chapter 10

THIS IS THE CHAPTER YOU'VE ALL BEEN WAITING FOR! I'll dive right into it! This chapter switches back and forth between Logan and Virgil, so watch out for that. I wrote this chapter while on a Zoom call for school so that was fun. I know it's really long but I couldn't break it up so you get a really long chapter instead.

Warnings: swearing, panic attack, crying, kissing ;)

Love from, Cora

Logan was panicking as he tried to get out the door. Mama was blocking his way, simultaneously cleaning a glass and lecturing him.

"You need to be polite, remember, you should hold the door for him and compliment him lots," she chided, "don't be like your Papa on our first date, he was horrific. Did you know that-"

"Martina, leave the boy alone. He said this isn't a date and if he doesn't leave now he's going to be late, how's that for polite?" Papa called from the living room. Logan could hear Janus chuckling as Mama gasped and shoved Logan out the door.

"Go get him, Bambino," Mama called after him. Logan sighed at finally being free of his family and got into his car. When Logan got there he stood at the door for a minute or so, watching his watch. When it hit four o'clock he took a deep breath and knocked on the door. It opened and there stood Virgil.

Virgil was beautiful- well, he always was- but tonight he was beautiful. He was wearing a black crop top made to look like the night sky and a pair of black skinny jeans that hugged his form. Now that he wasn't wearing loose-fitting clothing Logan could see him better; he was lean and lightly muscled. He was wearing his sweatshirt open with the sleeves pushed up. Logan sucked in a breath and felt his eyes widen. He realized he should probably say something.

"I- um, Hello," He said.

Great start, Logan. He thought to himself.

"Hi- hello, Stormcloud," Virgil smirked a bit and Logan could hear Thomas start laughing from the kitchen.

Logan was having a very hard time looking away from Virgil's body. He realized Virgil had said something and his face was on fire when he was ushered inside the house. He stood awkwardly by the kitchen counter, watching as Virgil collected his duffel bag and Thomas looked him over.

"So, I've known you for a long time Logan but you should know," Logan felt a sharp bolt of fear shoot up his spine at the look Thomas was giving him. He sucked in a breath and heard Virgil do the same, trying his hardest not to lean away when Thomas leaned across the counter towards him. "If you hurt him I will hurt you."

Logan tried to think of a response, stuttering with an open mouth, but Virgil tugged him out of the house before he could get a word out. Virgil called goodbye to Thomas and suddenly the two were in his car. He wasn't sure how he got here but he knew than Virgil looked incredible and they were holding hands.

So far, this night was going ideally.

~~~~~~~~

Virgil stood frozen in front of his mirror, looking himself over. He was wearing his normal black skinny jeans but with the star covered crop top that Remy had picked out for him. He had thought Logan would like it since it was covered in stars and constellations, but now he was having second doubts about buying it. It had been so long since he had worn a crop top.

The last time he had worn one he had been beaten for looking gay and wearing feminine clothing. He didn't dare wear one again.

He slipped his hoodie on over it but didn't zip it up. Looking himself over one final time he went downstairs, duffle bag in hand. He stood awkwardly in the kitchen doorway as Thomas- Dad- put dishes away. He coughed lightly.