|| mccann

Ariana Sophia Butera

"Miss may I get a little more coffee?" An old looking lady smiled down at me, taking in my appearance.

"Of course ma'm" I nodded, plastering a fake smile on my face like I've been doing for what feels like ages now, and it has, months probably even years since I've put a real, genuine smile on my face.

Walking over to the counter at the front of the store, after of course giving the lady the coffee she asked sweetly for.

I checked the time, nodding. My shift was now over. I walked slowly to the entrance, getting ready to go to this so called " Mr. McCann's " house.

Looking at the address I wrote down on a half piece of paper, as I walked out of the small cafe, I scrunched my eyebrows at my handwriting, realizing that his house was too long of a walk, I decided to take a taxi, ready to use what I have earned.

Seeing a city taxi drive by, I waved my petite arm in the air. The taxi stopped. I walked over to the taxi, my arms hugging myself by my coat as the wind blew slowly on my face.

I opened the door. The car started. After a good 20 minute drive, in a new yellow taxi of Los Angeles, I arrived to a house like I've never seen before, scratch that, not a house. It was a mansion. Something so beautiful. I was in complete and utter awe. Looking out the window, I took in the mansion.

Quickly getting out, I walked over to front of the mansion, reaching the huge vintage wooden doors, I knocked ever so lightly on them.

I then started to get nervous, I was a nervous wreck at that moment actually. I was a very timid girl, that was for sure and more now because I was just meeting the man I will be working for, for who knows how long and he will be my boss for that amount of time, that's intimidating, at least for me that is.

Rocking my boots back and forth, I heard feet walking over getting nearer and nearer to the door.

When the door opened, there standing was a very attractive man, he was beyond handsome.

I took in all his features; pink plump lips, beautiful honeycomb eyes, a jaw that made you go crazy, everything about him was almost as I was dreaming because he was beyond breathtaking. I was in a trance for sure, but me being me, didn't realize, until I heard someone's throat clearing.

I quickly looked down now paying my full attention of my legging pattern, not wanting to look up as my face was a shade of pink because of the blush that was formed by my silliness.

I was being completely, no doubt absurd for thinking of my now "boss" in such ludicrous measures.

Slowly moving my head back up to "Mr. McCann" after what seemed liked ages, but ironically was about 1 minute.

A small smirk was plastered on his face seeing the small effect he already had on me. I inwardly groaned at how embarrassed I could become.

"Ariana?" Mr. McCann's voice inter upped my thoughts.

"Yes?" I questioned, my voice coming out lowly, like a whisper.

"You may come in, you do work here now" Mr.McCann moved out of the way from the door and let me pass through.

As I took step in the mansion of this so called Mr. McCann, I breathed in. The smell of sweets filled the air, smelled like vanilla. The house was so warm and cozy, almost as everything was perfect, which for me was strange, the house almost seemed too perfect.

Quickly shrugging that thought off, I looked up the spiral steps in awe. The house was captivating. I smiled as I turned left, there stood my new boss, crossing his jacket covered arms at his chest, looking at me.

"Alright Ariana, you'll be living in the second room to the left across of mine" his words came out and shocked me.

"Living here!?" I half shouted, completely surprised as why he would ever say that.

"Oh Ariana, you must of not read what the online rules say" he smirked, now I could tell he was amused by my small failure.

"I didn't read any rules" moving my hair out of my face and looking towards Mr. McCann, he grinned

"Oh Ariana, see this job requires hours and it'll just be easier for you to move in here" he signaled, moving his hands in a manner that meant that it was obviously the only way.

"But what about where I live? What'll i do?" this was just a bit much for me, I was simply thinking I was working here for a couple hours and than I'll leave, but seeing now, this is my new home.

"It won't be so hard Ariana, not like you live in a glamorous place, more like the opposite" he chuckled. "How do you know I don't live in a glamorous house?" Confusion was written across my face for sure. "Well I'm just saying" he just simply smiled, weird.

"So do I start now?" I was becoming impatient, I was awkward around guys, and this one sure isn't helping.

"Patience, patience Ariana" he responded, seems like that smirk doesn't disappear from his face.

"I would love if you would make a dinner. I've got some special guests coming over" he simply stated, leaving me to find what was to be made.

Searching for the ingredients was for sure a struggle. Mr. McCann decided that it would be a splendid idea to leave me here to find everything for myself.

As the stove beeped after an hour of patiently waiting, I got on my tippy toes to reach the glasses. I heard a raspy chuckle behind me, making me turn my head over, making the glasses I had in my hand shatter on me as I too fell with them.

I hissed with pain from contact of the glass on my hands. "Damn, um that wasn't in my intentions, sorry" he rushed his apologies.

"It's fine, I'm just clumsy" I kept my head low so he wouldn't look directly at my face, because it just makes me feel insecure.

Catching my wrist in his hand, he pushed the loose strand that had fallen in my face, "don't hide your face, beautiful" he cleaned my cut and left me in a trance.

-

alright, so it's just getting started, give it a chance,please & one super important thing, can y'all please go read my other book "Toxic Love"? I have many ideas for that story and I would love feedback and more views so I can write more, thank u and another update soon