XV Overwhelming

chapter 15

XV - Overwhelming

"It's what you do, it's what you see...you must be haunting me"

J A S O N

My blood boiled more and more at the sight a few feet away from me. Jacob needs to know his fûcking boundaries. He can't touch my girl all he wants, especially if she's  obviously not in her right mind.

After Jacob stopped kissing her, Ariana's face was one of so much confusion. She  furrowed  her eyebrows and yanked her hands away from Jacob.

She slapped him and I couldn't say I didn't enjoy it, because I knew she didn't appreciate what he had done. Loyal. That's a first.

I still couldn't believe that Ariana had such an affect on me in just three months, and I had always tried to push away anything I thought I was feeling, I just denied all my thoughts. But now I know that i do genuinely care for her, more than I could ever imagine.

I started to walk to the direction of Jacob and Ariana, I could tell they were having a pretty heated argument.

"I didn't want that Jacob, you know that" she slurred her hands attached to her head, as I'm guessing she was already receiving a headache.

Jacob sighed, "I needed to do that Ari, you can't say you didn't feel something" Jacob argued, understand what no is, dumbaśs prick.

I stood a bit close, but tried to hide myself a bit, wanting to see what is gonna happen without me interrupting, yet.

"Actually Jacob I'm glad you did that" my heart sank as she said that, I looked down to the ground, feeling overwhelmed at the moment. But Ariana ended up continuing.

"I'm glad you did that because now I know that I don't feel anything for you, but a friendship, why can't you just accept that?" She questioned, a hint of irritation being let out as she spoke.

"Because Ariana I love you" Jacob addressed. Oh hell no. "I'm sorry Jacob, I don't feel the same way, you know I have feelings for Jason" I looked back up, she shook her head.

"But he's not worth it Ariana, you know how shitty he treated you tonight, he left you alone and was flirting with that girl, for fûcks sake, stop being so naive, he's gonna end up hurting you, but don't say I didn't warn you" he rolled his eyes. "Don't come crying back to me when that happens" he finished off, Ariana taking a gulp of her own saliva as Jacob banished through the front entrance.

She took a few steps back, her hands touching her forehead. Ariana sat down at a nearby stool. I heard her small whimpers as I approached her.

"Don't cry, please" I sat next to her, holding on to her thighs, spinning the chair so she was looking directly at me. She slowly looked up, taking her hands out of the way. Tears were threatening to spill her mocha eyes, even though I could tell some had already slipped as I noticed the redness in her eyes and nose.

"I wanna leave" she turned her head the other direction, as I tried to caress her cheek. "Princess" I called her, she still wouldn't budge, her face was staring off into anything that just wasn't me.

"I'll wait outside" she dryly said, getting up and walking outside. I pulled at the end of my hair. I could tell what Jacob said hit her, and hard. She believed him, and damn it hurt even more knowing it was true, I'm hurting her. I'm messing up. I truly don't deserve someone as amazing as Ariana. But I'm so selfish and I want her all to myself.

I got up the stool, pushing my way through sweaty dancing bodies. I made it to the nice California breeze outside. My eyes caught the sight of Ariana making her way to the car. She walked with a sass and determination. God was this girl special.