Fifteen: Intruder?

When I opened the door there was clothes shredded all over the floor, the walls had scratch marks on them while also covered in blood saying 'WATCH YOUR BACK'. There was a faint smell in the room and even though it wasn't strong, I could still tell it was a werewolf.

Of course nobody is home except me and Lilian and for all I know the intruder could still be in the house.

I pulled my phone out and dialed the person who I knew would come ASAP.

"Em?" Jake's voice filled my ears.

"Yeah I have an emergency at the house. Someone broke in and no one is here except Lilian and me." I panicked.

"Wait are they still in the house?" He sounded worried.

"I don't know."

"Emilie don't move I'm already on my way."

"Okay." I said as a loud crash came from behind me.

I spun around but no one was there.

"Emilie? Emilie?"

"Yeah Jake I'm still here. But I think that someone is in the house with me."

"I-"

My phone beeped and it showed that I had lost connection. What? That doesn't make any sense.

Another crash sounded from the hallway and now I was beginning to worry. I have a sleeping two and half year old in my arms and I'm all alone in a house with someone who wants to kill us. What do I do?

There was a loud band and the sound of a window breaking before the noise stopped.

"Emilie! Em!" Jake's voiced echoed in the hall.

I was about to respond when he appeared in my door frame.

"Oh thank god." he sighed as he wrapped his arms around me.

I wrapped the arm that wasn't holding Lilian around him the best I could.

"Are you okay? Did anything happen to you?" He asked.

"No we're fine it's just I came up here to put her to sleep and the room was like this so I called you and you know the rest."

"Yeah when I arrived I heard glass breaking and no one was in the house but us three."

"I think they escaped through a window."

"Well right now I don't care, I'm just glad you two are safe. But when I find them I'll kill them." He growled.

I was still a little shaken up by what happened and I don't care that I'm still trying to be mad at Jake for what he did but right now I just need him to hold me.

So I wrapped my free arm around his waist and buried my head into his chest. He wrapped his arms around me, pulling me closer to him and kissed the top of my forehead.

<><>

After that incident Jake decided to stay with me until someone came home.

We found another bed for Lilian to sleep in, since her old one is completely ruined actually everything in that room is ruined, but it's more like a crib than a toddler bed.

We put her in the middle of the living room since that's where me and Jake were and we didn't want to take any chances of putting her in a different room where someone can easily grab her.

"I have an spare bedroom in my house if you and Lilian want to sleep there until your room is fixed." Jake offered as we sat on the couch quietly talking.

"Thanks, I might actually take you up on that offer but no promises."

"Deal." He smiled.

He wrapped his arm around me and I rested my head on his shoulder.

We had turned on the tv and waited for my parents to show up. And of course they're taking there sweet old time doing it.