Thirty-Three: The Joys of Sniffles

Picture of the frozen pond.

"Jake would you stop squirming. You're starting to act like Lilian. Maybe even worse."

We have been waiting to see the doctor so I can get my stitches removed for a little more than five minutes and Jake won't stop moving. It like he has ants in his pants.

"It's not my fault they are taking forever." Jake complained.

"Jake they have other patients to attend to and besides we've been here for like five minutes."

"I don't care about their other patients. You're most important. They should take care of you first. You're the Luna."

"And they are human. And that means they don't care about who has what kind of power. We're lucky that they're willing to keep our secret."

"No they're the lucky ones. Knowing about us, other packs would've killed them."

"But we're not other packs. We're not killers. And besides it would look suspicious if the whole hospital staff just suddenly died. Someone would start asking questions."

"But they wouldn't find any answers."

"Are you don't being a grouch yet?"

He sighed and began drawing patterns on my hand.

"You're the one who was being grouchy yesterday." Jake grumbled.

"And to think I was gonna let you come in the room with me when they removed my stitches. Guess not."

"Oh I'm coming."

"We'll see." I smirked.

"Emilie Moore, they're ready for you in room 208. Follow me please." The nurse came up to us.

I stood up and Jake stood up too but I pushed him back down.

"Be a good doggie and stay." I pointed my finger at him but that didn't seem to stop him from getting up again. "Remember we don't like the doghouse." And then he sat back down.

I smirked and jogged a little to catch up with the nurse.

She led me to room 208 and left me sitting on one of the bed check up thingies.

Soon the doctor came in, removed my stitches quickly since I had healed perfectly and said I was free to go.

I hopped off the bed and went out to find Jake sitting looking rather annoyed.

"Ready to go?" I asked him.

He popped his head up, now just noticing my presence.

"You're all good. Everything went fine?" He asked, standing up.

"Yep I'm all good to go."

"Finally." Jake sighed in relief.

We signed me out and got in the car and drove out of the parking lot.

"Jake aren't we going the wrong way?" I asked him as he took a right out of the parking lot instead of a left.

"No we're not going back home yet. I wanna take you somewhere."

"But don't you have a job to do?"

"Not today. My father is taking care of all Alpha duties today so today is all about you and me."

"Is that why you insisted we drop Lilian off at daycare this morning?"

"Yep."

"Okay then where are we going?"