Chapter 10

I wanted to say sorry in advance for what's coming in this chapter :/ hope y'all still enjoy tho! :) <3

3th POV

When the weekend was over, everyone just went back to school as usual. Of course the whole school, and actually the whole kingdom, had heard about the vk's saving everyone from Audrey.

When the group of heroes entered the cafeteria that monday morning, everyone began to clap for them.

'Are they clapping for us?' Uma whispered to Mal.

'Uhm, I think so...?' Mal whispered back.

They (Mal, Carlos, Jay, Evie, Uma, Harry, Gil, Ben, Jane, Celia and Dizzy) sat down at their usual table.

'Well, that was... unusual,' Carlos said.

'"Weird" would be a better word,' Mal said, not really liking the attention.

'We just get the credit we deserve for saving everyone's lives,' Evie said rather proudly. 'I mean, without us, they'd all be sleeping forever.'

'Yeah, we are a pretty good team,' Uma said.

'I wish I would've been there when you taught that princess never to mess with us again,' Jay said.

'Ya, that was epic!' Uma said.

'It was like that final battle between Harry and Voldemort, but with a dragon,' Harry said.

'Okay, don't exaggerate it,' Mal told him.

'I don't think he's really exaggerating it,' Ben said. 'You all are getting a royal decoration for what you did.'

'Really? I've always wanted one of those!' Gil said. 'Just one question... what is a royal decoration?'

'It's actually just a kinda medal as a symbolic recognition for personal and exceptional merit for the kingdom,' Ben explained. 'And not many people get those.'

'And we all get one?' Celia asked perplexed.

Ben nodded. 'I think even Dude...'

'And when are we getting those?' Dizzy asked.

'Saturday afternoon, 2 pm, in the courtyard of the castle,' Ben said. 'With all due ceremony.'

'What- ceremony?' Mal asked him.

'There's always a big ceremony when those things are handed out,' Ben said. 'This will be my first time as king to hand these out. It will be broadcasted live on tv and there will be a lot of people in the courtyard.'

'Oh no, does that mean we have to dress up...?' Mal asked not too thrilled.

'Uh-huh,' Ben said grinning and nodding.

'Ooh, that's gonna be so much fun!' Evie said excited.

____________________________________________________________________________

'I'm so proud of you,' Ben said hugging Mal.

It was saturday afternoon, after the royal decoration ceremony. The group had went inside the castle to hang out for a bit.

He looked her in the eyes and then leaned in to kiss her.

'Okay, just because we know, doesn't mean we want to see that,' Jay said.

Ben chuckled after pulling away.

'I think it's sweet,' Evie said looking at them.

'Naw, thank you E,' Mal said smiling.