Chapter 7

3th POV

Recap

'Ben! What are you doing here?!' someone exclaimed while walking into the waiting room.

Ben and Mal turned around to see who it was.

'Oh no...'

_______________

'Hi Audrey,' Ben greeted his girlfriend nervously. 'What's up?'

'You wanna know what's up?' she asked him mad as ever. 'I was looking everywhere for you at campus and them someone tells me that you went to the hospital with her.'

'So? What's the problem?' Ben asked.

Audrey glanced quickly to Mal before pulling Ben to the corner of the waiting room. Mal sat down on a chair watching Audrey totally flip out. She couldn't really hear what exactly they were saying, but she did hear a little what was going on.

'I told you not to hang out with her anymore!' Audrey told Ben angrily.

'And I told you I can do whatever I want!' he yelled back.

Mal had to admit that she found it kinda funny. Ben was totally done with her and at this point just wanted to throw her out of the window. But, the gentleman that he was, he tried to keep the fight going with just words.

The fight got more heated with every second that passed and Mal just sat there and watched.

'Miss Moors,' a nurse then called.

Mal stood up and walked to the nurse. Ben turned around and saw Mal walking away, so he quickly walked after her.

'Hey!' Audrey yelled. 'You can't just walk away Ben!'

'Watch me!' he said and quickly followed Mal, leaving a really upset Audrey behind.

'I'm so sorry,' he apologized when he finally caught up with Mal.

'O, don't worry,' Mal said grinning. 'I found it rather entertaining actually.'

Ben laughed. 'Yeah, well, lately the only thing we do is fight. And normally it doesn't get this bad, but I am so done with her right now.'

Mal looked at him. He looked so... sad. Not that that's weird, I mean, how would you feel if you'd have to spend the rest of your life with Audrey.

They got to the room and the nurse prepared everything for doctor Lynch.

'Doctor Lynch will be here soon,' she said and left.

Mal looked at Ben, who was deep in his own thoughts.

'Hey, Ben, listen,' she said.

Ben looked at her. 'Hm?'

'I know this isn't really any of my business, but your relationship with Audrey is, well- probably the most unhealthy relationship I've seen in my life,' she told him. 'Even worse than ours.'

Ben looked down. 'I know I know... if I could do anything about it I really would, but I can't.'

'Okay, I know we've had this conversation already, but are you still sure this is worth it?' Mal asked.

'What?' Ben asked.

'Being with Audrey till the day you die so you can stay king. She makes you miserable, Ben. And I know being king is like the one thing that makes you happy, but will it still be with her as your queen?' she asked him.

'I mean, I- I... I think so...' he said not really convincing.

'No, Ben, come on, don't be so stupid,' Mal told him. 'You can't be a good king when you're miserable, you understand that?'