How does resurrection work?

This has to do with souls and how they connect to the body. Again, this subject is germane to science fiction and paranormal genres.

Resurrection is paramount to Christian faith. The belief is that everyone will be resurrected at the time of the second coming of Christ and we will get a resurrected body and live for all eternity in either Heaven nor Hell.

That sounds good, but how would a resurrection work. The only way that it could happen is if the soul or spirit reconnects with a body. This isn’t quite like the concept of the undead or zombies. In the case of zombies, a dead body becomes animated and is able to walk around, albeit not very efficiently if you go by the Walking Dead TV series. I’m not sure why this is unless it’s because a zombie is so messed up it can’t function very well or it may be the fact that these mistakenly called undead people have this insatiable lust to eat the flesh of the living and it doesn’t provide them with proper nourishment because they’re dead. In any event this is not going to be the kind of a body we get upon Christian resurrection.

How are we going to get a perfect body when we’re resurrected? That’s a good question. The only good answer is that it won’t be the same as our present bodies. It’ll be a new kind of body that won’t age, become sick or die, a body not ruled by entropy or time. In other words, we’ll get the new and improved model.

My belief is that the soul is the mind unfettered by a body. The mind of the soul imagines that it has a body even though it doesn’t, at least not in normal sense. This could be a property of the astral plane and explain why ghosts can appear in an ethereal body. When the astral plane intersects the natural plane during a haunting, we natural beings see a soul in his or her imaginary body, a body that looks a lot like the one they had at the time of death. This is how in the movie ‘Ghost’ Sam stays near Molly after he is killed and protects her from the killer. He is shown as an embodied spirit, especially after he spirit possess Oda Mae’s body to interact with Molly. In the end, they can see him in his imaginary body. One of the things that this movie impressed me with is its portrayal of the astral plane. It looked a lot like the natural plane except ghosts could move around in it, passing through walls or floors as if they weren’t there. That’s cool.

But, a ghost is not a resurrected body. A resurrected body could move around in the natural plane. That’s what Jesus did when he was resurrected. Obviously, when he ascended into Heaven, he still had his resurrected body. The only problem I have with the Ascension is that where was he going: to outer space? That’s confusing, but maybe it’s the only way that Jesus could illustrate what happens when we’re resurrected.

The fact of the matter is that we don’t really know what will happen. We’ll just have to wait.

Thanks for reading.