Chapter 4

* * *

"Your Majesty, what in the world is happening?"

Claud was unperturbed by the mass questioning of Felix that evening.

"If she's your daughter, how come I wasn't aware of her existence?”

Felix's question was logical. And Claude knew the answer.

"That's what I intended."

It was a memory that came to my mind after I ordered Felix to take my child back to Ruby Palace, looking unabashedly at an empty plate that had only crumbs and creams.

"If the rumor about the newborn in the palace ever comes to my ears, I said, 'I will kill every single person in the palace and every child with my own two hands.'"

It was after a change of wind in Ruby Palace. They've all been very good for the last four years, whether they're worthy of their lives or not.

So it was hard for Felix, who did almost everything with Claude, to know about the child he had long forgotten.

"Is it also the time of the Ruby Palace massacre? How...”

But Felix, in rare cases, raised his voice in Claude's presence.

"How can you hide the fact that your child is still alive,from me? I'm sure i was told me at that time that neither Lady Diana nor the child made it alive. I can't believe a young princess who needs extra care grew up alone in such a remote palace for many years. What are you thinking? I thought you still...….”

Felix paused, holding back something inside, then opened his mouth again. Then Claude's eyes suddenly became a sharp gaze at his subsequent remarks.

"If i'm not mistaken, I've always thought it was painful for your heart that you let Lady Diana go so soon. But was that only my stupid delusion? I don't want you to leave the child that  left behind with such irresponsibility.…!”

"Shut up if you don't want to die."

The moment a low voice sounded like a scratch on the floor, the surrounding temperature felt cold instantly.

"There's no reason to listen your babbling of a little girl."

"Your Majesty!"

Felix.As opposed to Claude, the cold voice was still cynical.

"I let you speak to me, but you're yapping without knowing your place. How dare you argue about my decision? Since when did you become so cheeky without even recognizing your master?”

Felix's face was distorted by frustration. But Claude had no intention of listening to him anymore.

"Get out. I don't want to hear your nonsense anymore."

In the end, Felix looked at Claude with dark eyes and turned away without a word. Claude didn't even spare him a look.

Tap. Tap

And as soon as the door closed, Claude closed his eyes and touched his head, which had been suffering from severe pain. Extreme pain came as if someone was poking his head with a sharp iron stick.

'How can you hide from me the fact that Lady Diana gave birth to your child?’

"Even if you didn't show it, I thought it was a pain on your heart this whole time.’

Diana... Diana......Diana?

Was the name of the woman who gave birth to his child Diana? Claude recited the name several times inside his heart.