27

Miami, Florida📍

Christiana Nicole Michaud

✰Christiana Nicole Michaud✰

——

With Antoni living with me, Was hella fun. He stayed cleaning the house before I even woke up and cooked. I knew he was just trying to get back on my good side but it was working.

"Antoni." I called out while I looked through pictures of nails.

"Yeah." He said and peeked his head out from his room.

"What kind of nails should I get?" I asked.

"What you got in mind ma?" He walked over to me and looked over my shoulder.

"I kinda like the long white look."

"The cream white?"

"Yeah." I nodded my head and showed him a picture.

"Them tings nice." He nodded his head and looked over at me. "Lemme talk to you."

I raised a eyebrow and turned off my phone so he had my full attention. "Yeah whats wrong?"

"Listen I've been thinking and I'm ready. I'm ready to throw the streets away and start my own business. I'm ready to grow old with somebody, have a family, own my own shit, and just live."

I smiled hearing those words come out of his mouth. "This better not be a joke." I said.

"Girl I ain't playing." He smirked and grabbed my hand. He pulled me off the sofa and embraced me in a hug.

I sighed smelling the Cologne I bought him for his birthday. ( cologne is my weakness)

"Alright let's go do sum." He said and gave me a light peck on my forehead.

——

"Bitch no you didn't!!" Destiny Hollered.

We was all chilling at Kevin house. The kids where up in the nursery doing whatever.

"B-bitch? I ain't no bitch I'm a educated old man." Kevin said with a scrunched up face.

"Y'all lemme tell you what this big ass goofy did." Zaira rolled her eyes and looked over at Kevin. "Nigga started crying because our baby shit on him."

Everyone busted out laughing as Kevin sat on the couch with a shocked face.

"You wasn't supposed to tell no one!" He said.

"Nigga It's out there now." Destiny said between laughs.

Antonio had been sitting next to me the whole time. It was his first time getting out the house since the incident. He was still shaken up. Once and awhile he would look over his shoulder to make sure nobody was following him.

It broke my heart seeming him broken like this.

He always made sure I walked in front of him so he could protect me. He took the whole changing thing seriously.

He ordered books for how to open a business and even started a online class. I was beyond proud of how much he had accomplished the past few months.

"Hey Christiana." He mumbled making me look at him.

"Yeah?"

"Well you know how much I care about you, and without you being here I'm not sure I could be a better man. You've changed me for the better you helped me realize how much life could be different if I just tried."

He stood up and then got down on one knee catching everyone's attention in the room.

"Before you say anything no I'm not purposing so don't slap me." He chuckled making me laugh.

"I'm giving you a promise ring, this ring means I won't make the same mistakes again. That I promise to try and do better and be a better man for you and for our future to try and start a new life with you."

I felt the tears burn at the brim of my eyes.

I didn't know if I wanted to accept this. After everything his put my through I'm not sure if I could even believe him anymore. Yet I loved him so much.

"Will you take it?" He asked me.

I nodded my head yes as his face lit up. He took the rose gold ring out the box and slipped it onto my right ring finger.

He planted a kiss on my lips making everyone around us clap their hands and cheer.

We are older now things should be different....

Right?

                                        ———
It's short I know mb.... guys being out of school has my brain soggy. Like I feel dumb 😭. Anywayssss next chapter is the last I think- Idek.

*not proffered

*ignore spelling mistakes