Epilogue - Pranks and Real Funny Guys

I was standing in the room they had told us to, waiting patiently as they ordered us around and set this person here, that person there.  My white gown, announcing that I was in the top ten students to graduate from Veterinary School was fluttering gently as I paced.  The nerves were radiating down my limbs with acute clarity because I knew that this was the moment I had been waiting for my entire life.  I had dreamed about today since I was a little girl so right now, I was almost in shock.

    After this ceremony, I would be a doctor of veterinary medicine.

    I smiled to myself, twiddling my fingers and picking at my nails absentmindedly as I tried to relieve the nerves twitching all over my body.  I felt like I was electric, like I was going to burst at any instant into thousands of butterflies.  All I needed now was to hear from Kellin.  He was bringing the boys to sit out in the crowd and cheer for me.  I hoped they wouldn’t annoy my mom and dad too much.

    But I wouldn’t let them miss this for the world.  Hell they were even bringing their tour buddy Sam with them.  He had been filming them and putting these videos up on Youtube called “Real Funny Guys”.  They did stupid stuff all the time on those videos and when I couldn’t be there, it made me feel like I wasn’t missing out on so much.  I appreciated that Sam did that for me even though it wasn’t all for me.  He partially just wanted to fill up bored time or have fun with what he could.  I think he liked harassing the boys which was entertaining for me.  The best part was I knew this graduation ceremony was sure to end up on a new episode of Real Funny Guys.

    I chuckled to myself and played with the tassel on my cap, twirling the square object in my hands.  I wish they had showed up earlier so that I could have seen them before I had to come back here.  I just wanted to hug Kellin before I went through the graduation because it was such a big deal.

    I sighed.

    “Hey Hannah,” called my friend Katy from near the door.  I raised a brow.

    “What’s up?” I replied, walking towards her and listening to the clack clack clack of my heels.  I felt so awkward in them since I hardly ever wore things like this.  She smiled.

    “You have a visitor,” she said, her smile broadening.  She was grinning like she knew something that I didn’t, that mischievous look that people get when they know.  I raised a brow.

    “And who would that be?” I questioned, silently hoping it was him.

    “I think you’ve already guessed,” she said, opening the door.  Just outside, there was a man with dark locks and blue eyes that made my heart stop.

    He was in a suit, black jacket tailored to fit him like a glove.  The white shirt was a stark contrast to the handsome features the coat brought out in his pale skin and cerulean eyes.  The ebony tie looped around his neck attractively while his leisurely stance caused his body to fall into the shape of ease.  His eyes captured me in a trance that was unlike what anyone else on the planet could do to me.  I was frozen in that moment, trapped within his extraordinary stare.  The sloping smirk was beautiful, a handsome accessory to the attire that adorned his body.  I literally thought my heart had stopped for a moment.

    “Don’t have a heart attack,” he teased gently.  I blushed and tried to find where my brain connected to the rest of my body.  By the time I realized I was in his arms, I was in utter bliss.

    He was warm to the touch, his chest a haven away from my nerves and my anxiousness at the oncoming ceremony.  It was all I wanted to have him there before I walked out that door to move on with the next chapter of my life.  It was a true relief to see him.