3 - Do It Now, Remember It Later

Fall

    I pulled up in the white van, parking on the side of the street while I rolled down the automatic window.  This was the usual van, the one that we used when we were up to no good.  It wasn’t my van at least, it was Jack‘s parents‘…but put it this way, we do what we want, when we want and that’s all there is to know.  Or at least that’s what we like to believe.  The boys are more adventurous than I am but I’m the getaway driver, I’m the girl that can’t go to jail and the boys just don’t care.  I have a lot of career stuff ahead of me and they want to go into music.

    So I opted for this job.

    Kellin had introduced me to his circle of friends and I melded into this group of male testosterone.  I fit in with them and as odd as it sounded, I was just one of the guys most of the time.  Granted there were times that I didn’t want to be just ‘one of the boys’ but I mean, what else could I do…it wasn’t like he saw me that way anyway.  Shit even if he did, he was a bit of a player and I knew it.

    But at the moment I didn’t have time to think.

    “Go go go go GO!” Kellin called as I slid the door to the van opened and they all piled in, obviously running from some sort of security officer. “Punch it Hannah!”

    I did so, the van fishtailing wildly out of control but I was a damn good driver.  We made it onto the road and left the overweight guards in the dust, our rancorous laughter ringing through the air.  The boys were drenched in sweat and the smell of man permeated the area.  I rolled down the window and stuck my hand out, lazily driving down the road with ease.

    “Goddamn you guys smell,” I teased, looking back to the tangle of five boys in the back, “And you all look a little gay you know.”

    “Na we’re not gay, that’s what we have you for,” Justin commented.  I rolled my eyes, “If we didn’t have you well, yeah I could see you saying we were gay.”

    “Fuck you Justin,” I replied.

    “That’s the idea,” he jested and I gracefully flipped off the brunette, eyes back on the road.  They were wrestling and punching each other now so I sighed and turned up the music, allowing it to blast through the vehicle.  However, before I could let My Chemical Romance change the mood a little, a set of pale fingers turned the dial and the volume was instantly down again.

    I went to protest, but then I realized who owned the fingers…

    “Thanks Hannah,” his voice whispered, sending shivers up and down my spine, butterflies through my belly and a causing a lightness in my head.  I glanced up to meet the baby blues and dark hair of my best friend,: Kellin Quinn.

    “What’d you turn it down for?” I questioned, raising an eyebrow and smiling at him.  He shrugged, crawling into the front seat and looking at me.

    “I can’t talk to you now?” he replied and I grumbled internally. 

    Why was he so damn adorable?  He was the wanted, the desired by all the girls for those eyes and the dark of his hair…not to mention his sweetheart personality that I wasn’t sure of.  He could be sweet, but was it real?  I wasn’t sure…to me, yeah he was sweet but we were friends.  I didn’t count when it came to him being a good guy to date…

    So could he be that way towards a girlfriend was my question.

    I slapped myself mentally and looked back to Kellin.  I stuck my tongue out at him and he chuckled.

    “Careful,” he warned, winking at me, “You might not get that back next time.”  I rolled my eyes.

    Why was he such a flirt?