Chapter 5

AN:  This is a day late but, Happy Mothers Day to all my mamas out there.
Yay! 13 Readers! Let me hear from you! I want to get better. 

We won't find out what other connections that Chris & Callie have to each other until much later in the story. They've finally done the deed and decided to date each other, without telling Fiona. I wonder how long that can last...

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Chapter 5

Sadly, I must go back to school and Chris to work. We talk everyday and I am on my phone a lot more, texting him or sending selfies. I don't notice how distracted I am until one evening while I'm studying, Fiona confronts me.

"Why are you always on your phone? Are you looking at porn?" Callie says, scrunching her nose in fake disgust.

"You caught me. I'm looking at the newest models of Golden Glory: Wrinkled and Hard."

"Eww! You're disgusting" Fiona laughs, throwing her pillow at me.

"Seriously though, what is up with you? You're here but your mind is a million miles away."

"I don't know, getting ready for exams is stressing me out I guess." I explain, not technically lying.

Fiona sat down next to me, putting her head on my shoulder, "You know I'm here if you need to talk."

"Thanks Fi." I respond.

I am so lucky Fi is my roommate. She has quickly become my best friend, and if it weren't for her, I never would've met Chris. I start thinking of his firm chest and his smile that gives me butterflies. I am torn from my thoughts by Fiona's cell ringing.

"Hey Chris!" she says smiling. Instantly her face falls and she looks at me.

"Chris is on his way up. Something is wrong."

She looks so frightened that I pull her into a hug. A few moments later, Chris knocks on the door. His hair is a mess, like he's been running his hands through it. His eyes are red and his nose puffy like he had been crying. Sensing that they needed privacy, I grab a book and let Fiona know that I'll be down in the common area. I find a spot on the good couch and start reading.

I don't know how long I've been down here, but I must have fallen asleep because someone is shaking me awake. I sit up and rub my eyes, finding Chris crouched down in front of me.

"Hey. Everything okay?" I ask.

"Take a walk with me?"

I look around groggily before asking, "Where's Fi?"

"She's asleep. I left her a note. Oh, and I grabbed your jacket."

"Yeah, okay." I say, standing and stretching.

We walk hand in hand in silence for a few minutes. I sense Chris will talk when he's ready. It must be something big. I'm a little worried. I rub the back of his hand with my thumb, letting him know I am here for him. He steers us to a nearby bench. Once we sit, he takes a deep breath, staring straight ahead into the night.

"My dad died."

My chest caves at his words. I'm suddenly back next to my dad's hospital bed, staring at his lifeless body. Chris sniffles, returning me to the present. I throw my arms around him, squeezing him tight. His shoulders start shaking as he buries his face in the crook of my neck. We sit like this for a while, me rocking him gently, rubbing circles on his back. Eventually he lifts his head and untangles himself from me.