Chapter 13: The Blue Spirit

Inside one of the ruined buildings Team Avatar has set up camp. Sokka is lying against Appa, huddled in his sleeping bag. He is coughing, and there is sweat on his face.

Katara: (Pressing a wet rag onto Sokka's forehead.) This should bring your fever down.

Sokka: You know what I love about Appa the most? His sense of humour.

Katara: That's nice. I'll tell him.

Appa growls.

Sokka: (Laughs.) Classic Appa.

Aang: How's Sokka doing?

Katara: Not so good, being out in that storm really did a number on him.

Sokka starts sniffing pitifully.

Faith: (Looks through some book she clearly found.) For a medicine book it's pretty useless.

Aang: I couldn't find any ginger root for the tea. But I found a map. There's an herbalist institute on top of that mountain. We could probably find a cure for Sokka there.

Katara: Aang, he's in no condition for travel. Sokka just needs more rest. I'm sure he'll be better by tomorrow. (Starts coughing.)

Aang: Not you too!

Katara: Relax, it was just a little cough. I'm fi- (She coughs again, this time with greater force, and lightly groans after.)

Aang. (Shielding his face.) That's how Sokka started yesterday. Now look at him! He thinks he's an earthbender!

Sokka: (Delirious.) Take that, you rock! (He flails his arms as if he is hitting something.)

Aang: A few more hours and you'll be talking nonsense, too. I'm going to go find some medicine!

Faith: (Smiles at Aang as she helps Katara into her sleeping bag.) I'll watch over these two. Stay safe.

Aang: (He grabs his glider and begins to head out just as a flash of lightning strikes.) Uh, maybe it's safer if I go on foot. (To Faith.) Keep an eye on them Sunshine. (Faith nods and walks over to their luggage. Appa groans once.)

Sokka: Ha, ha! You guys are killing me!

Aang jumps, and uses airbending to help him run faster.

Sokka: (Weakly.) Faith, please, water.

Faith: Alright. Give me a few minutes. (Gets up.)

Katara: Be careful as well Faith.

Faith: (Turns to Katara and smiles with a nod.) Of course.

Faith leaves the building where the two are hiding and walks down the path. Rain falls down heavily soaking the young AirBender. She moves some branches and spots an open lake. Taking the empty bottle she started filling it up until it was completely full. She closed the lid and started making her way back.

Aang runs up the stairs and enters the green house.

Aang: (Speaking fast.) Hello, I'm sorry to barge in like this, but I need some medicine for my friends, they have fevers and they were coughing- (Gets cut off by the herbalist.)

Herbalist: Settle down, young man. Your friends are going to be fine. I've been up here for over forty years you know, used to be others, but they all left years ago. (She pets Miyuki who begins to purr.) Now it's just me and Miyuki.

Aang: That's nice.

Herbalist: Wounded Earth Kingdom troops still come by now and again, brave boys, and thanks to my remedies they always leave in better shape they when they arrive.