Chapter 5: The King Of Omashu

Aang, Faith, Katara and Sokka with Appa, Melody and Momo reach the top of a hill. Aang spreads his arms wide while Faith just jumps on Aang's back clearly excited. The two laugh happily as they face the siblings.

Aang: The Earth Kingdom city of Omashu! (The four stare at the entire pyramid structured city of Omashu. Aang and Faith are both excited.)

Faith: This is where me and Aang came to visit our Friend Bumi!

Sokka: (Overwhelmed.) They have buildings here that don't melt!

Aang: (Excitedly.) Well let's go, slow pokes. The real fun's inside the city!

Aang leaps off the top of the hill with his AirBending as Faith copies.

Katara: (Stretching her arm out to them, halting them with her cry.) Wait, Faith, Aang! It could be dangerous if people find out you're the Avatar and that Faith is an AirBender.

Sokka: (Somewhat seriously.) You need a disguise.

Aang: (Aang looks up.) So what am I supposed to do? (In a slightly sarcastic tone.) Grow a moustache?

Faith: Hold on! (She runs behind Appa and shouts from the other side of him.) Don't look over here.

Faith uses her AirBending to grab her bag from Appa's saddle, the bag lands by her feet as she opens it. She pulls out a green fabric with a big pair of green boots. She begins to get undressed and placing her normal Monk clothing in her bag while putting on her green disguise. She pulls out a headband from the bag and ties it around her forehead hiding her arrow. She slides on her boots and tightens them at the back. She zips her bag up with all her Monk clothes in and throws it on top of Appa. She walks around the side of him to see Aang wearing Appa's fur as a moustache and a head of hair. She laughs lightly catching Aang, Katara and Sokka's attention. She stops laughing and smiles lightly as the three stare at her in Awe.

Aang's face starts to go red as he coughs and tries to look away.

Aang: You look great, Faith. Stunning actually. I mean uh. (He looks away as Faith just laughs.)

Sokka: You look good Faith, Aang looks like your dad right now. (He laughs.)

Faith: Are you saying that because he's technically one hundred and twelve?

Sokka: Yeah.

Aang nimbly kicks up his staff and spins it rapidly around before placing it upright on the ground to be used as a walking stick. He hunches his back and leans heavily on his staff like an old person.

Aang: (In an old man's voice.) Now let's get to skippin', young whipper-snappers. The big city awaits!

Aang shuffles out of the frame, while Sokka and Katara questioningly look at each other. Faith just laughs and skips along following Aang. Faith, Aang, Katara, and Sokka walk down the long path to Omashu.

Aang: You guys are going to love Omashu.

Faith: The people here are the friendliest in the world. (She smiles brightly.)

Faith and Aang's eyes widen in surprise as he hears the harsh voice of the sentry. The four stop walking.

Guard: (Angrily.) Rotten cabbages?! (Harshly.) What kind of slum do you think this is?!

The guard squishes the cabbage he is holding and knocks another two cabbages out of the merchant's hands. He proceeds by earth Bending a rock under the cart, catapulting it high in the air, making it tumble down the chasm with all the cabbages.

Cabbage merchant: (Leaning over the rim of the path. Dramatically waving his arms in despair.) No! My cabbages!

Faith, Katara, Sokka, and Aang appear and look over the rim, their mouths open in shock, as a loud crash is heard.